608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So far I have laid out....

Solid Gold Wee Bits
Solid Gold Hund-N-Floch
O&M Prime Life Plus
Natural Balance
Canidae

All are dry food in small seperate bowls. I am going to see which they will eat. I am running into problems with picky eaters over here.

Any expierence with the above foods good or bad would be great.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
I'm having the same problem with Buster being picky. Im going to try and get samples of artemis, Innova evo, solid gold hund n floch, and eaglepack puppy. When get them I'll do my own taste test. He was eating natural balance and then he got bored with it, I guess, he just picks at it. So I'm home-cooking for him now, but I want a kibble he likes also.

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
I've never tried the OM food (don't even know what it is), but the boys were not happy with any of the others on your list
Good luck though, that's what I did with the vet to find a food Peanut would eat

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
O&M is a holistic food here is the info from their website:

O&M PRIME LIFE PLUS+ adult dog food naturally provides your dog all the nutrition needed for a healthy, active life. There are no artificial preservatives, flavors or colors either added to, or found in any of the ingredients. These preservatives, colors and flavorings can hasten your dog down the road to chronic and degenerative diseases. PRIME LIFE is one of the very few dog foods available that is truly "all-natural."
Our choice for our two main ingredients are hormone and antibiotic free chicken and turkey meal, followed by whole grains. To that, we add the proper ratio of vitamins and minerals to keep your dog in the best of health. AAFCO guidelines only provide a minimum amount of vitamins and minerals to keep your dog alive. Their minimum's do not provide optimal health. Our vitamin and mineral content is much higher than the AAFCO guidelines. PRIME LIFE PLUS+ is highly bioavailable (digestible). Seventy-five percent of the protein is derived from easily digestible meats. In addition, our minerals are chelated to enhance absorption. We also add Kelp Meal, Probiotics, and Garlic Oil for their health-giving properties.

INGREDIENTS
Chicken Meal, Turkey Meal, Whole Brown Rice, Ground White Rice, Whole Barley, Whole Oats, Chicken Fat (preserved with mixed Tocopherols (Vitamin E), Citric Acid (Vitamin C)), Natural Flavors, Tomato Pomace, Fish Meal, Dried Whole Eggs, Kelp Meal, Dried Brewers Yeast, Flax, Sunflower Oil, Garlic Oil, Rosemary, dehydrated Lactobacillus Acidophilus, Lactobacillus Casei, Lactobacillus Plantarium, Calcium Carbonate, Zinc Proteinate, Manganese Proteinate, Copper Proteinate, Iron Proteinate, Sodium Selenite, Potassium Chloride, Cobalt Carbonate, Calcium Iodate, Vitamin A Supplement, Choline Chloride, Vitamin E Supplement, d-Calcium Pantothenate, Biotin Supplement, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Vitamin K Supplement, Vitamin D Supplement, Vitamin C Supplement, Folic Acid.
GUARANTEED ANALYSIS
Protein (not less than) - 25%
Fat (not less than) - 16%
Phosphorus (not more than) - 1.2%
Moisture (not more than) - 10%
Calcium (not more than) - 1.5%
Fiber (not more than) - 4%
Ash (not more than) - 8%
Magnesium (not more than) - 0.12%
METABOLIZABLE ENERGY (ME) = 488 KILOCALORIES PER CUP

·
Registered
277 Posts
<span style="font-family:Times">does anyone know where I can get artemis samples? Im also in the same boat with the picky eaters
I think she is tired of the wellness puppy kibble I usually give her. and so far I have conducted taste tests myself. The foods I let Peaches choose from were
-Innova puppy
-Innova evo
-merrick puppy plate kibble

although she always picked the Innova puppy during the "taste test", whenever its feeding time, she will not eat it.
</span>

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
I'm not sure about the food but in your title "Food Comparison, running my own taste test" I thought your were having a taste test of all the food yourself! Then I realized that I forgot, and remembered that you ate Raisin Bran! Silly me!!

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
My Puppy ate O&M at the breeder and she continued eating that until the amount the breeder gave us ran out. I then switched her to Chicken Soup for the Puppy Lover's Soul. She seemed to like that for about 2 weeks but now she seems bored with it. Tonight though I put a little water in it and warmed it in the microwave for 10 seconds and I've never seen her eat it so fast...So maybe if you try serving the food a different way it might help. ~Lori

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
my dogs used to eat the natural balance sausage rolls as treats in their training class...they LOVED it. its real food too.
AND....i dont know if they sell it where you live, but natural balance sells meatloaf that you can warm up in the microwave. my dogs went crazy for that stuff too.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
I use Royal Canin for yorkies and so far, havent had much problems. Although lately, I've been adding extra stuff for them, like apples and bananas. I love it. I use to have a problem w/them having dry, shineless hair, but now, their hair is shiny again. YAY!

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
Originally posted by AJ@Jul 13 2005, 05:42 PM
I'm not sure about the food but in your title "Food Comparison, running my own taste test" I thought your were having a taste test of all the food yourself!  Then I realized that I forgot, and remembered that you ate Raisin Bran!  Silly me!!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=81026
[/QUOTE]
Why try to start a problem
This was an honest thread and IMO your repley was out of line.We need to work together to get along.

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
Originally posted by AJ@Jul 13 2005, 05:42 PM
I'm not sure about the food but in your title "Food Comparison, running my own taste test" I thought your were having a taste test of all the food yourself!  Then I realized that I forgot, and remembered that you ate Raisin Bran!  Silly me!!
[/QUOTE]
This was an honest thread and IMO your reply was out of line.We need to work together to get along.

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
Originally posted by sheila2182+Jul 14 2005, 11:21 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-AJ
@Jul 13 2005, 05:42 PM
This was an honest thread and IMO your repley was out of line.We need to work together to get along.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=81290
[/B][/QUOTE]

sooo confused.

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
Originally posted by sheila2182+Jul 14 2005, 11:22 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-AJ
@Jul 13 2005, 05:42 PM
This was an honest thread and IMO your reply was out of line.We need to work together to get along.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=81291
[/B][/QUOTE]
Sorry, I didnt mean to start anything

·
Banned
258 Posts
i decided to switch canaille's food from innova to innova evo recently but thought she should have a say in the matter. in her bowl, she could pick from innova, innova evo, natural balance and prairie. she had a taste of everything but favored evo.
atta girl!
i understand it's a good thing to switch food every once in a while so they don't build intolerance to certain foods. makes sense but i'm no expert. i just thought she might enjoy a little variety (every other year
)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts