Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
It makes alot of sense to me that animals need real food. While I was searching for food I looked for the healthiest dry food I could find simply because it is the easiest and I know it was well researched, tested, and free from the junk I dont want (or what K\C's mom said I shouldn't want hehe). While I was at the healthy pet food store, the owner told me the most healthy order of diet for dogs is

1 raw
2 cooked
3 canned
and lastly,
4 dry

It makes some sense but I would never do the raw diet for my maltese no matter what. Cooked I'd love to but hey I only have so much time and I dont even cook healthy enough for myself most likely, so that leaves 3 and 4. I mix canned into her dry food twice a day to give some balance and add some real stuff as treats now and again (frozen green beans yum). I think there is always an argument to be made for and against every angle though.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Originally posted by Holliberry@Mar 3 2005, 01:23 PM
Cooked I'd love to but hey I only have so much time and I dont even cook healthy enough for myself most likely, so that leaves 3 and 4.  I mix canned into her dry food twice a day to give some balance and add some real stuff as treats now and again (frozen green beans yum).  I think there is always an argument to be made for and against every angle though.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=39589
[/QUOTE]

We cook chicken and chicken livers in batches, cut into small pieces, and freeze--about a week's worth at a time. It's not that much effort and the doggies love it! We mix with Chicken Soup for the dog/puppy lover's soul, which is based on human grade chicken.

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
my mom used to cook week's worth...but she CLAIMS that the dogs are SOOO PICKY now...that she has to cook everyday. LOL. i think my mom spoils them tooo much.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts