Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I plan on keeping my pup in an ex. pen (i just may buy a crate for sleeping - tx lexi's mom) in my kitchen but my question is...

how do you put the food out in such a close proximity to the pads? Is that a recipe for disaster?

my overall goal is to get the pup to go potty in the bathroom so the other alternative would be to give her free reign in the bathroom where the poo pads will be BUT have the ex pen outside of the bathroom so she can only roam around inside the pen and place the food in there.

Is this doable?

Tx

·
Registered
751 Posts
I think I understand what your asking.

I have an x-pen with two plastic floor runners under it. It is set up one panel wide and 2 panels long. In the x-pen I put one pee-pad at the end and at the other end his food. He will only eat food off the floor so a bowl was out of the question. He just would NOT eat anything. He used this method for sometime then he started chewing up his pee pad. We went through a battle of him not letting us know when he needed to go out. Potty all on the runners. I decided to hang a bell on his x-pen. Within 3 or 4 days he found out by ringing the bell he would be taken out to potty and get a treat. Patience is what it takes. Tucker is now 17 weeks old and knows what ringing the bell means and he doesn't make mistakes very often.

Out side the x-pen is Tucker's crate which is divided to make it small enough for him to stand up and turn around in.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts