Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
5,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wash Wally and Toby's food and water bowl every other day and give them fresh water. Yesterday as I was washing them out, I sniffed the inside of a cleaned bowl; the stench that came from the bowl was enough to make me gag!

I have been using these cute little ceramic bowls that I got from Target. I know that ceramic isn't the best choice, but I thought by washing them so frequently I was reducing the chance of odor and bacteria--I guess not. I ended up soaking the bowls in a bleach and water solution and this weekend I am going to buy some stainless ones. Does anyone know where I can get some cute stainless steel bowls? I love the bowls that I have now because they are beige with blue paw prints and match my kitchen. I hate the look of the stainless steel--it looks so surgical.

· Registered
5,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally posted by okw@Sep 1 2005, 01:37 PM
I have a small question.  How often do you all change water/wash the water bowl?  I do it once a day on most days but sometimes  I forget and skip a day.  Is that bad?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=96117
[/QUOTE]
I wash the bowls every other day. I know you are supposed to do it every day, but I usually forget. So they get fresh water every two days. I haven't noticed any major problems with Wally or Toby as far as bad breath or anything.

· Registered
5,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Carrie--that is a beautiful bowl! Too bad it isn't less expensive--I actually need four bowls and can't justify spending that kind of money on bowls.
I may have to go with the old stand by of boring stainless steel.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.