Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

61 - 80 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
My husband just bought a $60 bag of the dry Instinct with Dehydrated Raw but she eats the dehydrated pieces out and leaves the kibble. Shes on our heels everytime we go to the kitchen likes shes hungry. I just dont want her to eat just because shes starving and theres nothing else to chow on. I want her to like it.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I may try the Fromm plus the Stella & Chewy. Does the S&C come in the Raw frozen?
Gus looooves the Fromm + S&C rehydrated with water. We only use S&C dehydrated raw because live in a small apartment with a tiny freezer and have no room in it for his food. Also, I'm a forgetful person so I'd probably neglect to thaw the frozen raw the night before. :blush:

But yes, S&C does come in frozen raw. You should try it! Or maybe even the dehydrated raw, your pup might like it! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Cody's Mom

Well Cody is not the best eater. Good thing Pets Mart takes back food that has been opened. I feed him a chicken tender every evening (cooked on bake in toaster oven). He is not interested in eating earlier or more frequently. I finally got him to eat chicken Puppy Bil Jack mixed with his chicken so now he will eat that dog food. If I give him chicken skin, chicken strip treats, or buffalo hamburger he gets diarrhea. The vet is okay with what I'm feeding him.
My daughter feeds her maltese raw like her other dog who is 15. Primo nuggets I think. But I do not want to do that cause when traveling it is difficult.:SM Rocks!:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Has anyone tried the Cesar wet food in the little tray? I have been feeding Daisy Fromm Puppy Food and she will be 1 year old this month so I think she should be ready to move up. She had 4 teeth removed recently and didnt want to eat her dry food so I tried the Cesar and she loved it. I just noticed no one recommended it in this post and wondered why?

·
Registered
103 Posts
I'm getting my pup soon. I think the breeder said she will be on blue buffalo.

I read in another thread that chicken isn't good. Does this mean an actually cooked chicken that humans eat or does it mean chicken in the pet food kibble?

Also is there a rule of thumb on how much you should feed your little pup on a daily basis?

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Super Moderator
10,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
Has anyone tried the Cesar wet food in the little tray? I have been feeding Daisy Fromm Puppy Food and she will be 1 year old this month so I think she should be ready to move up. She had 4 teeth removed recently and didnt want to eat her dry food so I tried the Cesar and she loved it. I just noticed no one recommended it in this post and wondered why?
The ingredients in Cesar are not very high quality. Dogs love it because it's like junk food - tastes good but isn't all that great for you. I wouldn't recommend it.

If Fromm worked for you, go back to that. They make a canned and it is a very high quality food.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Lucy Lu eats Merricks puppy real chicken, brown rice and green pea recipe. She loves it. I give her a small piece of carrot stick for a little treat.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Lucky loves FreshPet. He has been on it a few weeks. Lots of energy, poop good. Mad in US of mostly (97%) US and Canadian ingredients - nothing from China. Lots of plant ingredients, good meats.

Walter may I ask how much protein in freshpet ? and which one you are giving Lucky ?

Thank You

Anna

·
Registered
290 Posts
Hi

To those of you looking for coupons for higher quality dog foods, I have had success with writing or calling the companies and ask for coupons.

Rin

·
Registered
290 Posts
Hi
For those of you that have used any of the Fromm canned is there a kind that is a pate rather than chunky?

Thanks
Rin

·
Registered
23 Posts
I am feeding the new puppy Fromm grain free dry kibble and she likes it. It has 29% protein and am fine with that for the 4 month old puppy. However my 15 month old is fed Fromm 4 star with grain that has 25% protein but she much prefers the puppies' 29% protein wild game grain free food. Is it too much protein for her to switch her to the same Fromm grain free 29% protein food that she and the young puppy both prefer? Concerned bc I thought we are supposed to keep full-grown maltese at 25-26% protein? Would love some feedback on if it is safe to put both 15 month old and 4 mo old on Fromm 4 star grain free, 29%-30% protein dry kibble???

·
Registered
28 Posts
Ive found a food Im going to try with Sookie. She is very high energy girl. Its called Tuscan Natural Carne Grain Free Recipe. Its higher protein (Im a little unsure, it may be to high) but the ingredients are:Turkey
Chicken
Turkey Meal
Chicken Meal
Potatoes
Peas
Whitefish meal
Herring Meal
Chicken Fat (preserved with mixed tocopherols)
Flax Seed
Olive Oil (preserved with mixed tocopherols)
Natural Flavor
Potassium Chloride
Alfalfa Meal
Dried Chicory Root
Apples
Tomatoes
Carrots
Calcium Carbonate
Vitamin E Supplement
Niacin Supplement
d-Calcium Pantothenate
Vitamin B-12 Supplement
Vitamin A Acetate
Vitamin D-3 Supplement
d-Biotin
Riboflavin Supplement
Thiamine Mononitrate
Pyridoxine Hydrochloride
Folic Acid
Iron Proteinate
Zinc Proteinate
Manganese Proteinate
Copper Proteinate
Sodium Selenite
Cobalt Protenate
Ethylenediamine Dihydroiodide
Dried Lactobacillus Acidophilus
Enterococcus Faecium
Dried Spergillus niger
Dried Trichoderma longibrachiatum
Dried Basillus subtilis fermentation products

This is the Nutritional Analysis: Moisture 7.35 % Crude Protein 39.6 % Crude Fat 23.7 % Saturated fat 6.94 g/100g Polyunsaturated fats 5.63 g/100g Monounsaturated fats 11 g/100g Crude Fiber 1.38 % Ash 8.36 % Phosphorus 1.37 % Potassium 1.08 % Magnesium 0.14 % Calcium 2 % Sodium 0.39 % Iron 323 ppm Manganese 39.2 ppm Copper 23 ppm Zinc 225 ppm Chloride 0.53 % Iodine 3.19 ppm Selenium 0.716 ppm Arginine 2.99 % Cystine 0.46 % Histidine 0.95 % Isoleucine 1.61 % Leucine 2.67 % Lysine 2.71 % Methionine 0.78 % Phenylalanine 1.46 % Taurine 0.14 % Threonine 1.64 % Tyrosine 1.42 % Tryptophan 0.26 % Valine 1.62 % Trans fatty acids 0.09 g/100g Omega 3 fatty acids 1.19 g/100g alpha-Linolenic (ALA) 0.96 g/100g Eicosapentaenoic (EPA) 0.11 g/100g Docosahexaenoic (DHA) 0.1 g/100g Omega 6 fatty acids 4.44 g/100g Linoleic (LA) 4.27 g/100g gamma-Linolenic (GLA) n.d. g/100g Dihomo-gamma linolenic (DGLA) 0.03 g/100g Arachidonic (AA) 0.11 g/100g Omega 9 fatty acids 9.62 g/100g Oleic 9.61 g/100g Eliadic n.d. g/100g Erucic n.d. g/100g Choline 2370 mg/kg Retinol (Vitamin A) 2190 IU/kg Thiamine Hydrochloride (Vitamin B1) 11.7 mg/kg Riboflavin (Vitamin B2) 1.44 mg/kg Niacin (Vitamin B3) 26.2 mg/kg Pantothenic acid (Vitamin B5) 13.4 mg/kg Pyridoxine (Vitamin B6) 1.58 mg/kg Biotin (Vitamin B7) 0.2 mg/kg Folic acid (Vitamin B9) 0.27 mg/kg Cobalamin (Vitamin B12) 0.053 mg/kg Vitamin D3 (cholecalciferol) 1040 IU/kg Vitamin E (total) 932 IU/kg Vitamin E (alpha-tocopherol) 716 IU/kg Vitamin E (beta-tocopherol)

If someone sees a big no no please let me know.
111 IU/kg Vitamin E (delta-tocopherol) 11.3 IU/kg Vitamin E (gamma-tocopherol

·
Premium Member
3,030 Posts
I have an extremely picky non-eater. After trying practically every food out there with absolutely no success, I ended up contacting a diplomat of ACVN who is a researcher/professor at UC Davis who recommended I try Vital, sometimes we eat, sometimes we don't! Very frustrating.

We do eat, without a problem, Grandma Lucy Blueberry cookies! Yum!

·
Registered
196 Posts
Buffalo Blue Puppy - Meh
Buffalo Wilderness Puppy -FAIL

Wellness Puppy! - He loves it so much
Natures Balance Roll Chicken (training treats cut up into tiny pieces)

61 - 80 of 108 Posts