Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How long does a bag of food last for your maltese? And how many pounds is the bag?

" ex. 8lbs-1 month " is the answer im looking for!
and maybe the brand too!

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
i remember with sprite...the food would last forever. when we got gruffi....we would buy huge bags and he would eat it so fast. lol. i bought one of those bucket containers that claim they're air tight....i didnt really like it. have you seen those commercials for space saver bags? they have those for food...i wonder if anyone here uses that. im sure the food would definitely stay fresh if you got one of those.

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
Sampson and Maggie go thru a 5# bag of Nutro Nat Choice once every 4-5 weeks

J

·
0 Posts
Lacey eats Royal Canin puppy food. The bag is 3 pounds and lasts about 6 weeks. I haven't tried any other dog/puppy food. This is the food that my breeder had her on and she seems to enjoy it. I can tell you my cat loves it!

J

·
0 Posts
I was at a local pet store yesterday and I spoke with a represenative from a dog food company. A dog food is new to my area and I was told that this food is great. I posted a link below regarding the food. Any thoughts? I am looking for a new food for Lacey to eat. I have her eating Royal Canin, that is what the breeder had her on and she is doing great, but I am looking at other dog/puppy foods for her.

http://www.bluebuff.com/products/dogs_puppies_lamb.shtml

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Originally posted by Mystify79@Jul 9 2004, 01:30 PM
In the last 3 months or so that I've had Tuffy we've gone through two 5lb bags.  I just recently got a HUGE 40lb bag of the stuff at Petsmart free when I enrolled him in puppy school and I'm kinda interested in seeing how long that huge bag lasts.  I think I might try using the food saver bags to store some of the food.. maybe put a weeks worth in each bag so I only open one at a time.  I'm just worried it will go bad despite being in a airtight container and that's a lot of food to go bad.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=4595
[/QUOTE]

<_< I didn't get a big bag of dogfood from Petsmart when we enrolled in puppy classes. We got these 1.00 off coupons for treats and stuff. <_<

We used a 5 pound bag of Science Diet and it lasted a little over a month...that was mixing dry with a little wet. We just bought a jug of Purino Pro Plan and have been mixing that with the Science Diet for a week or two, so it is hard to tell how fast we have gone through that.

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Originally posted by tlunn@Aug 22 2004, 02:25 PM
<_< I didn't get a big bag of dogfood from Petsmart when we enrolled in puppy classes. We got these 1.00 off coupons for treats and stuff. <_<
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=7358
[/QUOTE]

They were having a special thing that if you signed up *that day* they'd give you a big bag of whatever kind of food you wanted. It's funny, I have been so disappointed with that puppy class, but the big bag of free dog food has really helped me feel like I didn't totally get screwed out of a bunch of money :lol:

J

·
0 Posts
Lacey was given a bite. She chewed it and then spit it out. She is a pretty good little eater, not to picky. Right now she eats Royal Canin with a Gerber meat stick chopped up real little along with some Gerber carrots chopped up real small. She its this combo really well. The Royal Canin is what the breeder had her on, but the breeder was looking for other foods plus she told me her adult dogs do not eat Royal Canin. I need to find out from her what she is feeding.

Back to the Blue. Lacey spit it out. No coupons or free samples to take home, so I don't know much about it. Thought I would buy a bag of the puppy food and mix with Lacey's food to see if she likes. Haven't rushed out to buy it though, not after she spit it out. Right not Lacey is teething so I don't want to mess around with her food. When she is done teething and getting spayed in September and feeling better I will try.

If anyone tries please post what you think.

Nicole - I like the Nutro, both of my cats eat this. My breeder did not recommend I feed the Nutro to Lacey. I can't remember her reasons why, but both of my cats love it, and if Lacey can sneak a few pieces of their food she just loves it.

Also, does anyone give your babies a vitamin? Once again, my breeder already had Lacey on a vitamin called NuVet Plus. I have kept her on it.

If anyone is looking for a breeder I can tell you my breeder is the best. Everyone that has seen Lacey is just so impressed with her, and that is coming from people who already have a maltese. Many of those people have told me they wished their maltese looked like Lacey. When Lacey came to me she was 14 weeks old, had all three sets of her puppy shots, was used to baths, combing and brushing, wiping her face. My breeder was already calling her Lacey, since that was what I had named her. She let me come into her house and spend hours with her and all of the dogs. I still email her to this day, and I get a respond back within a hour or two or much sooner. Just thought I would mention this since I read on this site and the other site how people are looking for great breeders and just can't find one.

·
Registered
707 Posts
I've been doing some research on the best puppy food for my little Bella. She was on Eukanuba but after researching this brand I found out it has chicken by-product which is the heads, feet and chicken left-over. I found a company called Natura ( http://www.naturapet.com/display.php?d=home-tab ). Their food is human grade which means it's made from parts that humans eat. Bella is now on California Natura puppy food. I called their customer service and they helped me pick the right food for her. Since she's had stomach issues, this one is easy to digest and easy on her stomach. It's not too pricey either; I found it to be the same or maybe a bit less than the Eukanuba. A 5lb bag cost me $6.99 but there was another supplier selling the same bag for $9.99. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Originally posted by jami@Aug 23 2004, 08:08 PM
If anyone is looking for a breeder I can tell you my breeder is the best.  Everyone that has seen Lacey is just so impressed with her, and that is coming from people who already have a maltese.  Many of those people have told me they wished their maltese looked like Lacey.  When Lacey came to me she was 14 weeks old, had all three sets of her puppy shots, was used to baths, combing and brushing, wiping her face.  My breeder was already calling her Lacey, since that was what I had named her.  She let me come into her house and spend hours with her and all of the dogs.  I still email her to this day, and I get a respond back within a hour or two or much sooner.  Just thought I would mention this since I read on this site and the other site how people are looking for great breeders and just can't find one.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=7510
[/QUOTE]

Where is the breeder located? I am thinking of getting another puppy in a year or so. Right now I am making a list of breeders to contact when I decide to start looking for a puppy.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts