Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all i looked at chicken soup and the store and it looked good copared to innova and artaimis which the boys are on now but much cheaper.Anyone use it ? i was trying to feel the sizeof the nuggets are they small?~ Denise

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
I havent seen the size of the kibble, but the store owner of where I get my artemis always tells me that that is not as good as the innova or the artemis. He actually prefers innova to artemis, although I dont really know why. I have said I wanted to try chicken soup and he gives me a look like, no, yuck, and tells me the others are the best.
He is more read up on this stuff, so I'd take his word for it over mine of course, but just wanted you to know that

p.s. the puppies are adorable!

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
I had Peanut eating Chicken Soup and he would eat, but he wasn't too excited about it. He loves his Artemis now. From what I remember the ingredients are really similar, the main difference that I can remember was that Artemis has some salt in it and Chicken Soup doesn't. I would say the Chicken Soup kibble is the size of a dime or maybe a little smaller and they are thin. Mid range between the size of the Innova and the Artemis. Peanut never had any trouble chewing them, but he couldn't chew the Innova. The owner at the small pet shop I go to raves about Artemis too. I never bothered to ask why he prefers it so much, but I will next time.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
The store where I buy my Chicken Soup said it is just as good as Wellness and (? can't remember the other one he sells) for a MUCH better price....probably all a matter of opinion...but I know that Brink is doing great on the chicken soup...

The kibble in the puppy and adult was different..
The adult is flat/round and if I remember right, the puppy, was more like tiny round balls with flat ends or something...I really don't remember, I just know when I dumped the adult scoop in the first time, I was surprised because it was shaped differently than the puppy kibble.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by scrappy@Apr 30 2005, 10:53 AM
This is off topic but I just brought up this post while my husband was looking over my shoulder and his comment on you pics was "Oh, what a couple of cuties"  I am lucky my husband is as malt crazy as me and wants more babies. 

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=58307
[/QUOTE]
ThaNKS SCRAPPY TELL YOUR HUBBY THANK YOU TOO
WE LOVE HUBBIES WHO LOVE OUR PUPPIES
THE PUPS SEEM TO REALLY LIKE THE ARTAMIS BUT IT IS PICEY 12.99 A 6 LB BAG PLUS 6 DOLLERS TO SHIP .nO ONE CARRIES IT HERE

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Originally posted by Denise&Chico@Apr 30 2005, 03:27 PM
THE PUPS SEEM TO REALLY LIKE THE ARTAMIS BUT IT IS PICEY 12.99 A 6 LB BAG PLUS 6 DOLLERS TO SHIP .nO ONE CARRIES IT HERE 

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=58372
[/QUOTE]

Wow! :eek: That IS expensive! I pay 6.49 for a 6 pound bag of Chicken Soup!
Maybe as someone said it is not as good as Artemis...but I bet it is "good enough" to justify the 1/2 price savings!
Especially when you are feeding TWO!

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
I know lots of dogs love Chicken soup...but mine really did not. The kibble size was small but I must just have a dog who prefers junk food so we compromised and he is on Natural Balance and loves it (which also has small kibble).

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by tlunn+Apr 30 2005, 04:18 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Denise&Chico
@Apr 30 2005, 03:27 PM

Wow! :eek: That IS expensive! I pay 6.49 for a 6 pound bag of Chicken Soup!
Maybe as someone said it is not as good as Artemis...but I bet it is "good enough" to justify the 1/2 price savings!
Especially when you are feeding TWO!

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=58378
[/B][/QUOTE]
Thats what i am saying lolol too much money i would have to wait until buddy turns a year because at least artamis is for all life stages so i only have to feed one food for both .Ltlle peanut thanks for the compliment i gotta make the pix smaller though

·
Registered
451 Posts
Originally posted by Denise&Chico@Apr 30 2005, 07:45 AM
Hi all i looked at chicken soup and the store and it looked good copared to innova and artaimis which the boys are on now but much cheaper.Anyone use it ? i was trying to feel the sizeof the nuggets are they small?~ Denise
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=58305
[/QUOTE]
Denise im sorry i know nothing about these two foods, but i just had to tell you that buddy and chico look like twins :new_Eyecrazy: :new_Eyecrazy: only one is bigger than the other LOL. they are gorgeous

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Originally posted by Nichole@May 1 2005, 01:33 AM
Here is my rationale on the cost of food...I bought, last July, an 8 lbs bag of O&M and there is still a lot left. 

Since I mix the bags of food, they seem to last a lot longer than expected.  I just ran out of Natural Balance and I think I bout that bag back in Sept. or Oct. 

If I totaled the weight of the three bags of food, I think it would be about 25 lbs and I am estimating that a 25 lbs bag of food last about 9 months for Toby who eats 1/2 a cup a day total. 

Now if I add the cost of all three bags of food together, I would say it costs about $35. 

I honestly don't think that is bad at all for food that lasts 9 months! 

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=58546
[/QUOTE]

That is true. Brink's 6.50 bag lasts him several months. He also eats some canned in the morning. One can is .99, and it lasts almost a week.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
YOUR RIGHT LOL IT TOOK ABOUT A MONTH AND HALF TO FINISH A 3 POUND BAG
ALMA THANK YOU THEY REALLY DO LOOK ALIKE

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Originally posted by Holliberry@Apr 30 2005, 12:08 PM
I havent seen the size of the kibble, but the store owner of where I get my artemis always tells me that that is not as good as the innova or the artemis.  He actually prefers innova to artemis, although I dont really know why.  I have said I wanted to try chicken soup and he gives me a look like, no, yuck, and tells me the others are the best.
He is more read up on this stuff, so I'd take his word for it over mine of course, but just wanted you to know that

p.s. the puppies are adorable!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=58327
[/QUOTE]
The place where I get my Innova said that Chicken soup has more grains in it. I was asking them about puppy food (way ahead, don't even know if I am getting a puppy). They recommended Innova or Solid Gold Small Bites.

·
Registered
841 Posts
Hi Has anyone heard of Blue Baffalo Its like all nature no soy no corn no wheat.. I'm trying it on Summer now .. She scratches alot some times the vet said he didn't thingk it was allergys with her still being so young but he wouldn't rule it out said to try the food for four weeks and see if it makes a diiference.

·
Registered
841 Posts
Originally posted by Denise&Chico@Apr 30 2005, 01:27 PM

This is off topic but I just brought up this post while my husband was looking over my shoulder and his comment on you pics was "Oh, what a couple of cuties"   I am lucky my husband is as malt crazy as me and wants more babies.  

[/QUOTE]
Love the hair cuts.. do you do them or a groomer.. and what size clipper do you use on them Summer's hair is getting pretty long I don't mind it ,its really easy to brush silky But I do love ;your pups hair to cute

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Originally posted by Theresa+May 6 2005, 07:22 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Denise&Chico
@Apr 30 2005, 01:27 PM

This is off topic but I just brought up this post while my husband was looking over my shoulder and his comment on you pics was "Oh, what a couple of cuties"   I am lucky my husband is as malt crazy as me and wants more babies.  

[/QUOTE]
Love the hair cuts.. do you do them or a groomer.. and what size clipper do you use on them Summer's hair is getting pretty long I don't mind it ,its really easy to brush silky But I do love ;your pups hair to cute

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=60331
[/B][/QUOTE]
HI terease
Thanks for the compliment , i groom my boys myself i use one and half clippers most times but now they are at a length i like so i just use grooming sissors to trim thier body and face
i just never knew HOW much i would love these little boys ~ Denise

·
Registered
48 Posts
I just switched Jack to Chicken Soup and he LOVES it!!!!! The ingredients in it are excellent: Real chicken, salmon, no corn or wheat!!! It has brown rice and oatmeal instead!!! He has only been on it 1 1/2 days, but so far not vomiting like with the Nutro Max (which gave him tearstains in 2 days).

Have any of you had tearstain problems with the Chicken Soup? The kibble size isn't bad especially because it is a flat, disc-shape. I bought a 4 lb. bag for $2.99!!!!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts