Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
935 Posts
I have one and LOVE it! I use the containers loads..... keeps dry goods DRY. Chips, snack mix, stuff like that will last forever in the large container. I also put strawberries in a container and they will ripen more, but not mold. I have left berries in the fridge for 10 days and they are great when I am ready for them. I also use the canisters for marinating meats.... my family loves chicken and pork after they have been in the food saver with some dressing or seasoning. The bags I mostly iuse for freezing, they are great when you buy large quantities at Costco.

In addition to the containers and the bags you can use canning jars if you buy the universal adapter to do that. I do this for sugar, flour and cereal. I also have the wine bottle tops and they work great.

I have many appliances and I have to say this is my very favorite!

Jude

· Registered
935 Posts
As far as the canisters go I didn't think I would use them either, but in fact I use them more then I use the bags. They are so great for keeping greens, other veggies and fruit fresh for a very long time ---- you will be amazed I also have a juicer so I use the canning jars for carrot juice and it keeps very well in the fridge this way I don't have to juice every day. If you like to marinate meat it does a fantastic job and you can leave the canister in the fridge for a few days and the meat stays very fresh.

I have the model 1075. I purchased extra canisters later and also the bottle stoppers and canning attachment.

Judi

ps... this looks like a great deal:COSTCO

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.