Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Urban Decay through Sephora stores are selling purple (rubber) bracelets for against animal cruelty. They are $2. each and says "How Could Anyone." and has a paw print. My friend let me know about it and just wanted to pass the info along to you guys.

·
Registered
277 Posts
<span style="font-family:Times">thanks for the info
Im always @ sephora looking to waste more money on make-up I dont need
. At least this one is for a great cause. I will be sure to pick one up when Im there. </span>

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know what you mean about Sephora! :D Whenever I go there, I always end up with stuff I don't need more of!

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Thanks... I'd like to get one... I already wear the Lance Armstrong bracelet... I think the purple would look just fine with the yellow one.... Thanks again for the heads up. Here is the info:

Sephora - How Could Anyone? Bracelet Web Page

How Could Anyone?

Much more than just a fashion statement - you'll want to get your paws on Urban Decay's How Could Anyone? Bracelet. Not only a hip accessory, the bracelet also allows animal lovers to voice their passion to stop animal cruelty and support an important cause. The purple, rubber cuff-style bracelet is engraved with Urban Decay's empowering motto, How Could Anyone? and a darling paw print. Urban Decay is excited to introduce this inspiring bracelet to their cruelty-free beauty collection.

"Urban Decay doesn't do animal testing. "How could anyone?" is the motto Urban Decay has proudly sported on each and every one of its cruelty-free products since 1996 when Sandy Lerner, an animal rights activist, co-founded the brand.

This spring, to support and honor their long-time stance against animal testing for cosmetics, Urban Decay is taking their commitment to cruelty-free beauty one step further by teaming up with The Humane Society of the United States (HSUS) to launch the How Could Anyone? Campaign. In an effort to spread their message, Urban Decay created a How Could Anyone? Bracelet. 100 percent of the proceeds from the sale of this bracelet will be donated to The Humane Society of the United States to support its programs to stop animal cruelty. The campaign will kick off surrounding the Genesis Awards, an annual event hosted by HSUS to raise awareness for animal issues.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
We don't HAVE one of those stores around here...
Never even HEARD of it.
They may have one in Memphis or Nashville, but again, I've never heard of it. I would like one of those bracelets though.

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Originally posted by tlunn@Jun 5 2005, 08:32 AM
Never even HEARD of it.
They may have one in Memphis or Nashville, but again, I've never heard of it. I would like one of those bracelets though.

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=69173
[/QUOTE]

Sephora is a "hot" and very popular cosmetics store that sells many of the best brands. They also have a catalog and web site. We don't have one near me either but you can have fun shopping with them online and get the bracelet there, too!!

·
Registered
608 Posts
Originally posted by tlunn@Jun 5 2005, 07:32 AM
Never even HEARD of it.

[/QUOTE]

Shhhhhhh but we haven't heard of it because we are old now. I miss those days of knowing what was "in".

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Originally posted by dhodina+Jun 5 2005, 09:19 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-tlunn
@Jun 5 2005, 07:32 AM
Never even HEARD of it.

Shhhhhhh but we haven't heard of it because we are old now. I miss those days of knowing what was "in".
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=69184
[/B][/QUOTE]

No, no... you are not too old.. heck.. I'm 56! I love knowing the latest trends... I've always been that way since I was a young girl. You might like the book I just finished called The Trendmaster's Guide by Robyn Waters, former VP of Trend, Design and Product Development at Target. It's a fun read..... can be read in about an hour.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Originally posted by dhodina+Jun 5 2005, 08:19 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-tlunn
Never even HEARD of it.

[/B][/QUOTE]

Guess I told on myself then!

Oh well...then it is probably one of those stores that they would look at me funny when I walked in!
While all the young salespeople stare and think..."What is SHE doing in here!?"

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Originally posted by tlunn+Jun 5 2005, 09:26 AM-->
Originally posted by [email protected] 5 2005, 08:19 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-tlunn
Never even HEARD of it.

[/QUOTE]

Oh well...then it is probably one of those stores that they would look at me funny when I walked in!

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=69189

[/B][/QUOTE]

Don't worry about what they are thinking... your money spends as well as an 18-year-old's!!

·
Registered
608 Posts
Originally posted by tlunn+Jun 5 2005, 08:26 AM-->
Originally posted by [email protected] 5 2005, 08:19 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-tlunn
Never even HEARD of it.

[/QUOTE]

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=69189
[/B][/QUOTE]

At least you can say shopping for my daughter! I have no excuse.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
The Urban Decay website has them too although they are advertising a slight
delay in shipping.

Urban Decay

I love all things Sephora ~ the website, stores! :D Don't feel bad about not knowing the store existed since they aren't in every city. I think they carry something for just about every age bracket - they carry some high-end and several makeup artist lines and a house brand which is pretty good and reasonably priced. I've seen people of all ages in there. They also carry a very large selection of mens and womens fragrances.

Crawling back under my rock now - since I obviously know way too much about this.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
They have just about any kind of perfume you would want also. I loooove that store. I had not been in one until last summer now I go everytime I see one. I loove to smell all the diffent perfumes. I usually end up leaving with one.

OH and I looove this one lip gloss they have there I can't remember the name right now I am having a blank brain I would have to look but it is all hot when you put it on it is sooo cool.

I love how you can try all the wierd make ups you really want to try but don't want to buy the whole thing lol.

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Originally posted by CandicePK@Jun 5 2005, 12:47 PM
The Urban Decay website has them too although they are advertising a slight
delay in shipping. 

Urban Decay

I love all things Sephora ~ the website, stores! :D Don't feel bad about not knowing the store existed since they aren't in every city.  I think they carry something for just about every age bracket - they carry some high-end and several makeup artist lines and a house brand which is pretty good and reasonably priced.  I've seen people of all ages in there.  They also carry a very large selection of mens and womens fragrances.

Crawling back under my rock now - since I obviously know way too much about this. 

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=69242
[/QUOTE]

Thank you so much for the info. At least that site would let me place the order. The Sephora site wouldn't even take it while they were out of stock. Also, this site had a special, 3 for $5 and they only charged $1.75 shipping.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Originally posted by Kallie/Catcher's Mom@Jun 5 2005, 05:13 AM
Thanks... I'd like to get one... I already wear the Lance Armstrong bracelet... I think the purple would look just fine with the yellow one.... Thanks again for the heads up.  Here is the info:

Sephora - How Could Anyone? Bracelet Web Page

How Could Anyone? 

Much more than just a fashion statement - you'll want to get your paws on Urban Decay's How Could Anyone? Bracelet. Not only a hip accessory, the bracelet also allows animal lovers to voice their passion to stop animal cruelty and support an important cause. The purple, rubber cuff-style bracelet is engraved with Urban Decay's empowering motto, How Could Anyone? and a darling paw print. Urban Decay is excited to introduce this inspiring bracelet to their cruelty-free beauty collection.

"Urban Decay doesn't do animal testing. "How could anyone?" is the motto Urban Decay has proudly sported on each and every one of its cruelty-free products since 1996 when Sandy Lerner, an animal rights activist, co-founded the brand.

This spring, to support and honor their long-time stance against animal testing for cosmetics, Urban Decay is taking their commitment to cruelty-free beauty one step further by teaming up with The Humane Society of the United States (HSUS) to launch the How Could Anyone? Campaign. In an effort to spread their message, Urban Decay created a How Could Anyone? Bracelet. 100 percent of the proceeds from the sale of this bracelet will be donated to The Humane Society of the United States to support its programs to stop animal cruelty. The campaign will kick off surrounding the Genesis Awards, an annual event hosted by HSUS to raise awareness for animal issues.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=69168
[/QUOTE]

Thanks for finding more info about it and a picture too!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts