Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, so I was wondering. I know a lot of you have more than one baby (
lucky). Do you ever prefer one baby over another? I know I'm gonna eventually want another puppy but I don't know if there's enough Jessica love to go around
But in all seriousness, I want to know - do you prefer one of your babies? If so, which one and why?

BTW- I know I've posted like a zillion times today. Sorry
Being terribly sick and having nothing to do will do that to ya :lol:

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Jessica - I can't speak for having more than one Malt, but I can speak about more than one kid. I wondered the same thing when I only had one skinkid. How could I possibly love another baby as much as I loved my first? Didn't seem possible. But, along came the second, and you learn immediately that there is more than enough love to go around. It's not like having two of one thing - they are both different (dog or child), so it's sort of comparing apples to oranges. Both different, both loved to pieces. It will come naturally, and you will see what I mean.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Originally posted by Carol Ann@Mar 11 2005, 10:14 PM
Jessica - I can't speak for having more than one Malt, but I can speak about more than one kid. I wondered the same thing when I only had one skinkid. How could I possibly love another baby as much as I loved my first? Didn't seem possible. But, along came the second, and you learn immediately that there is more than enough love to go around. It's not like having two of one thing - they are both different (dog or child), so it's sort of comparing apples to oranges. Both different, both loved to pieces. It will come naturally, and you will see what I mean. 

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=42424
[/QUOTE]

I was JUST about to type the SAME thing!!!!!

DITTO! from me!

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
I'm a bad mommy!
I really do favor ButterCloud more. He's my first puppy, maltese, child, SON! LOL He totally changed my life and he's MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE. I really love Noriko, I totally do. But I really love Cloud's eyes...they're are much more expressive, I feel like we can read each other through our eyes. Maybe I just love him too much. And also, if I go away for college, Cloud may go with me but Noriko will NOT for sure because she's (suppose to be) daddy's lil girl.
Maybe it's because I already told myself not to get attached to her because of that. I don't know why I favor Cloud so much. I'm so bad.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Originally posted by puppylucy@Mar 11 2005, 09:53 PM
Alright, so I was wondering. I know a lot of you have more than one baby (
lucky). Do you ever prefer one baby over another? I know I'm gonna eventually want another puppy but I don't know if there's enough Jessica love to go around 
But in all seriousness, I want to know - do you prefer one of your babies? If so, which one and why?

BTW- I know I've posted like a zillion times today. Sorry 
Being terribly sick and having nothing to do will do that to ya :lol:
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=42410
[/QUOTE]

I can honestly say I personally do not prefer 1 over the other. They are similar in personality, both fun loving always by your side pups and I love that about them.
Both have their own little quirks/differences

BTW... Feel better soon

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
I don't have 2 malts but I do have one cat and one maltese. I have had my little cat for almost 10 years now. This little cat and I have been through alot together. This little cat always knows when I need him. He has been very good about Lacey but he will let me know when he needs one on one attention. I love Lacey. I would protect both of them with my life. So what I am trying to say is yes you can love them both. Sometimes one of them needs me more than the other but I just love them both so much I cannot even put words to it.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Originally posted by ButterCloudandNoriko@Mar 11 2005, 11:41 PM
I'm a bad mommy!
I really do favor ButterCloud more.  He's my first puppy, maltese, child, SON!  LOL  He totally changed my life and he's MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE.  I really love Noriko, I totally do.  But I really love Cloud's eyes...they're are much more expressive, I feel like we can read each other through our eyes.  Maybe I just love him too much.  And also, if I go away for college, Cloud may go with me but Noriko will NOT for sure because she's (suppose to be) daddy's lil girl. 
  Maybe it's because I already told myself not to get attached to her because of that.  I don't know why I favor Cloud so much.  I'm so bad. 

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=42453
[/QUOTE]

Well hey if it makes you feel any better i have Sunny and my 14 year old cat Winnie, i really dont like Winnie very much
i think i have mentioned her like twice on here when he beat up Sunny......i am never going to get another cat (guess i am just not a cat person) i just take care of her and make sure she is happy.

That is worse than liking more, i dont even like the other one
in my defense though there are people who usually love cats and they meet Winnie and want to know what in earth in wrong with her she is crazy

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Originally posted by Lilly521+Mar 12 2005, 07:40 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-ButterCloudandNoriko
@Mar 11 2005, 11:41 PM
I'm a bad mommy!
I really do favor ButterCloud more.  He's my first puppy, maltese, child, SON!  LOL  He totally changed my life and he's MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE.  I really love Noriko, I totally do.  But I really love Cloud's eyes...they're are much more expressive, I feel like we can read each other through our eyes.  Maybe I just love him too much.  And also, if I go away for college, Cloud may go with me but Noriko will NOT for sure because she's (suppose to be) daddy's lil girl. 
  Maybe it's because I already told myself not to get attached to her because of that.  I don't know why I favor Cloud so much.  I'm so bad. 

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=42453
Well hey if it makes you feel any better i have Sunny and my 14 year old cat Winnie, i really dont like Winnie very much
i think i have mentioned her like twice on here when he beat up Sunny......i am never going to get another cat (guess i am just not a cat person) i just take care of her and make sure she is happy.

That is worse than liking more, i dont even like the other one
in my defense though there are people who usually love cats and they meet Winnie and want to know what in earth in wrong with her she is crazy

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=42482
[/B][/QUOTE]

I will join the bad mommy club.
I have my two "outside" dogs that I hardly ever talk about too. They are really my husband's dogs. I bought them for him b/c of my allergies and I could not have a dog in the house. I love them...they are great dogs....but they are not "my kind" of dog. They are big and stinky. They do big stinky poos. They shed...and drive my allergies nuts! We were "dog stupid" when we got the bassett, and although she is sweet as can be, she ABSOLUTELY is not trained and DOES NOT listen/mind anything! The lab on the other hand in the SMARTEST dog!
(shhh, don't tell Brink!) She is awesome! But, again, big-stinky-and drives my allergies nuts! I can't stand the "dog smell"! Even after they are freshly bathed, they have that smell.
So even though I love them...they are part of the family...they sure don't live the high-life like Brink and the cats!

·
Registered
939 Posts
right now at this point on having 2 malts is chico and i are sooooooo bonded i remember the car ride home from the city and he looked so scared and he would look up at me and i would say in my mind looking in his eyes i will take care of you, you are going to have a great life with me. i know he understood me
. he is my velcro dog but almost to a falult so that is when i talked to hubby on getting a 2nd dog just so chico would have some distraction from me and have someone ''like him'' to play with . chico was 10 months when i brought Buddy home and they love each other. now i love buddy too but its only been a month of bonding im sure i will love them equally one day like i love my 3 skinkids equally

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
I also agree they are like kids, you love them all but love them differently.

Cookie is my first and she will forever hold a special place in my heart. She is so protective of me and so brave. She is just so smart and knows exactly what is going on. I am so proud of her. I can't describe in words how great she is. She is also the favourite of my boyfriend, bestfriend and gradma. Every motning, I see my grandma sitting beside Cookie and petting her saying,"I love you Cookie. Good girl Cookie. I love you." It is the most beautiful thing because my grandma only speaks chinese but she says this in English to Cookie. My dad thinks she is the smartest and loves her for that.

Nibbler is my special child. I love him and pamper him. My family is not too fond of his personality and never got attached to him but he is really special to me. He does a lot of little special things that I find just so amusing. Sometimes you pet him and he gets so mad. He will start running around and making growling noses. I think it is so cute but no one else does.

Waffle is my happy little boy who knows no harm. He loves everyone! My mom and sister absolutely adores him and he is their favourite. He also does the cutest little things. He has a very flat face and has problems breathing so he snores and snorts at night. It annoys the heck out of my boyfriend but it is just too cute. If I don't hear it, I find it strange. He also loves to sleep on the air con vents.

Sparkle is my love. She combines all my other furkids into one. She is so cute, needy, smart and loving all in one. I can just go on and on about her but I won't.

I think each one has a special personality and you learn to love them for that. I think if I have favourites and honestly, I have to say yes. Cookie and Sparkle are the ones who are always with me and sleeping with me. My boys are not as big of snugglers as girls. When I am away or at work, I think about Cookie and Sparkle more.

I don't have any children but I wonder if it is the same thing with skin kids. My mom talks endlessly about my brother. I would tell her a problem and within 3 min, it always goes back to my brohter. I have no problems with it - I ADORE my brother and I am 10 years older than him.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Originally posted by Nichole@Mar 12 2005, 12:41 PM
I have a bit of a different twist to put on this topic.  I have Wally (our 3 yeard old Beagle) and Toby (15 months).  Obviously we had Wally first, and I do love him, but not any way like I love Toby.  Wally is a "dog" whereas Toby is my baby. 

This sounds really bad, but if I had to do it all over again, I never would have gotten Wally. 
  As much as I love him, he is just too much dog for me and not that snuggly personality that I love.  Don't get me wrong though, I love him and make sure he has the best of everything, but he just isn't a Malt.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=42552
[/QUOTE]

I thought you just meant comparing Maltese! We also have 2 Shih Tzu and an older large mixed breed dog. If I had to pick which "breed" was favorite, Id go with the Maltese, without hesistation. Why? Im not really sure how to answer that lol Maybe because they are more child like, some might describe them as velcro dogs, always on your lap or at your feet. I guess this is part of what I Love about Maltese. As stated by others on this thread, all the dogs/ pets in this house are loved. All unique in their own way, but the Malts, well.......the word pampered comes to mind :D

·
Registered
96 Posts
LOL

I gotta post on this topic as the Alpha Female in my Dog Pack. Heeehee, I don't know if I am allowed to speak because I am Maltese-less at the moment. My foster baby is in her new forever home. BUT

I have 5 dogs anyway

an American Eskimo
2 Pomeranians
A pug
and a Havanese

I never really chose my breeds persay- most found there way to me and I have another coming next week. Basically I have my 5 then one or two fosters at any given time. AND I LOVE EVERY ONE OF THEIR FURBUTTS! Each one is unique in personality. They are all a hoot and I cannot imagine life with less than what I have. LOL I dote and fuss about every single one of them and as each came along I loved the older ones even more for all the history we shared and the newer ones for making more memories. I love watching the interactions between them, I lvoe how they love each other and they love me most! HAHA! I love their company, their quirks, grooming them, everything about each one. When a foster baby comes I love them with my whole heart too. Dogs need that. I need that!

I don't recommend 5 for everyone. HAHa But my 5 are FABULOUS, and make me very happy! Sure we have to make some concessions. Like rotating who gets to go to drop off or pick the boys up from school. Cause you know if I showed up at school with the whole lot of them they would question my sanity and theres a good chance they would commit me! HAHA!

But also I have invested the time into training each and everyone of them. LOTS of training. The one on one has bonded me to all of them. The worst habit here is my Pug who is a therapy dog and a complete freak when people come over. She loves the center of attention.

I wouldn't take a mountain of cash for any of them. They are mine all mine!
Heeheee!

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
Originally posted by CookieCat@Mar 12 2005, 01:31 PM
LOL

I don't know if I am allowed to speak because I am Maltese-less at the moment.

The worst habit here is my Pug who is a therapy dog and a complete freak when people come over. She loves the center of attention.

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=42564

You will never be Maltese-less,WE will always share our bond with Lamby!(who has i type is sitting on a pillow on my desk,happily chewing on a Nlylon Bone)
And Pheope (sp) DOES love to be center of attention,but she is easy on the heart to love !Haha
[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Robyn - My hat is off to you!! You are a very special person, and any furbutt who finds his or her way to you is lucky beyond measure!

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Didn't realize how many bad mommies there are...

Lilly521--Cats arent my thing either. They're too independent and sometimes they scare me!

TLunn--I feel ya on the big poop. I'd love a BIG dog like American Eskimo or Somoyed or Golden Retriever, BUT THE POOP! Probably be the size of Noriko! EWWWWWW

Charmypoo--That is so cute how ya mama tells Cookie she loves her. My mom's favorite is my sister's maltese, Phoenix (Noriko's Bro). When we found out my mom took pictures of him, we were like
. Seriously, we thought our mom would think we're stupid to waste our money and time on dogs! Well, she did at first. She would think they're disgusting. But when she first saw Cloud, she wanted him around all the time...until the devil came out of him! LOL.

Once my sister was talking on the phone and her son and Phoenix were in the bedroom. My mom opens the door and grabs Phoenix and walks out. It's just not like my mom. Must be a maltese spell

CookieCat--I'm so jealous of you! You have an american eskimo! They are so beautiful. You have to post a picture of your whole family one day..like right now lol!

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Originally posted by puppylucy@Mar 12 2005, 06:27 PM
LOL I saw this show on Animal Planet today about Samoyeds - gorgeous dogs  :D
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=42674
[/QUOTE]
Arent they!?!?!

They're white too so they remind me of bigger versions of maltese!

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Originally posted by ButterCloudandNoriko+Mar 12 2005, 07:34 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-puppylucy
@Mar 12 2005, 06:27 PM
LOL I saw this show on Animal Planet today about Samoyeds - gorgeous dogs  :D
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=42674
Arent they!?!?!

They're white too so they remind me of bigger versions of maltese!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=42675
[/B][/QUOTE]

I saw part of that this morning too!!!
Wondered why THEY didn't have tearstains!
Not fair!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts