Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just curious what you do to wash your li'l dogs pee area. Molly gets stinky there and yellow after 2 days, but we only bathe her once a week. So what do you all do to keep them getting yellow and stinky?

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
Tic used to pee on himself all the time...Don't know how he managed it. I just keep them shaved from the middle of the belly back towards their bum. And the alcohol free fragrance free baby wipes always help

·
Registered
162 Posts
you can get a baby wipe or a clorox wipe and wipe it down every time she/he pottys!... rylee peeed all over himself when he was LITTLE too...

·
Premium Member
949 Posts
Originally posted by mmforever@Sep 26 2005, 05:07 PM
just curious what you do to wash your li'l dogs pee area.  Molly gets stinky there and yellow after 2 days, but we only bathe her once a week.  So what do you all do to keep them getting yellow and stinky?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=103618
[/QUOTE]
the proline self rinse plus was reccomended to me to clean the facial hair between baths. it would be good for the bottom too. It really works great! Leaves a fresh scent too. A mild one, not too strong. Heres the link

http://www.cherrybrook.com/store/ProductDe...productID=53826

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
I don't think Ruby gets pee on herself. I've never noticed a smell or stains. She goes to the groomer once a month and thats the only time she gets a bath.

·
Registered
831 Posts
Originally posted by puppy_luv4life@Sep 26 2005, 05:15 PM
you can get a baby wipe or a clorox wipe and wipe it down every time she/he pottys!... rylee peeed all over himself when he was LITTLE too...
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=103624
[/QUOTE]

You may want to be careful with the clorox wipe since they tent to "clean" themselves in that area.

I usually clean it with wet cloth or with baby soap and water.

·
Premium Member
13,652 Posts
I think just some warm water and a little sponge bath would be ideal for keeping that area clean between baths. I don't think I would recommend clorox wipes there personally as they may burn her skin. Baby wipes are very good too, I use the unscented ones on Scooby if need be

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
We use unscented, alcohol free, baby wipes for Indy's private areas
They keep him clean all week until it's bath time again. They are very mild and do not cause any irritation to his skin. We like the Huggies wipes the best, but any wipe that is unscented and alcohol free would work
I would not use Clorox wipes, they are way too harse for them.

·
Registered
285 Posts
The huggies wipes do have more texture to them, helping to grab the
dirt or whatever you are trying to tackle at the moment.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts