Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did you find that in the winter, when you had to bundle them up in heavy winter coats, hats, gloves & boots you had to factor in extra time in the morning so they wouldn't be late for school?

I was running on schedule this morning, got everyone ready like I normally do, then right before leaving the house I put on Zoe, Jett & Callie's winter coats and harnesses. Got them all harnessed into their car booster seats, pulled out of the garage, and noticed the time. Holy Mackerel it took me an extra 15 minutes!! This having to walk several blocks to the store is becoming a real pain. How do you city people do it?

How much more time will I have to factor in when there's snow on the ground and I'm putting on 12 little boots? :blink:

·
Membership Suspended
2,839 Posts
I would allow an extra 30 minutes and more if there's snow falling or the roads aren't completely cleared. Schlepping through the snow with 3 babies is going to take time. :)

·
Banned
1,869 Posts
Crystal, I should perhaps get boots for the my kidz - I have been meaning to shop at your place for weeks - I guess it's about time . . . to get busy.

I have 10 fluffs to buy for this year - oh what fun that is! Sooooooo much more enjoyable than shopping for humans.

We have our play group Christmas Party on Jan. 15th (I know, a bit late - but it is what works for all of us.)

Hugs to all of you!

Allie

Sorry, I was of no help whatsoever - answering your question. But you got me frinking of da fwuffs.

·
Premium Member
3,223 Posts
Ummm, instead of booties have you considered putting them in a bag?

They could both go into one of those furry bags. When I am driving I use the harness and seatbelt sometimes, but will use either a crate or a Sturdi-bag in the car if I know I will carry them to the destination rather than walk them when we get there. It is quicker. ;)

·
Registered
11,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would allow an extra 30 minutes and more if there's snow falling or the roads aren't completely cleared. Schlepping through the snow with 3 babies is going to take time. :)
Oh that is so sweet, but honestly it was meant to be more of a funny rhetorical question. It just didn't occur to me to add more time for winter gear and wondered if it was the same for skin kids.

Ummm, instead of booties have you considered putting them in a bag?

They could both go into one of those furry bags. When I am driving I use the harness and seatbelt sometimes, but will use either a crate or a Sturdi-bag in the car if I know I will carry them to the destination rather than walk them when we get there. It is quicker. ;)
Oh I have some great bags! But with all I'm carrying in, to add another bag would not be a good idea. Once there is heavy snow, and even worse all the dirty, sludgy, salt & sand laden stuff on the roads, I'll get my stroller out. I probably should be doing that even now. But to be honest, I'm really enjoying all the smiles that I see on peoples faces as we are walking across the streets. :blush:

·
Premium Member
6,469 Posts
Oh that is so sweet, but honestly it was meant to be more of a funny rhetorical question. It just didn't occur to me to add more time for winter gear and wondered if it was the same for skin kids.

Oh I have some great bags! But with all I'm carrying in, to add another bag would not be a good idea. Once there is heavy snow, and even worse all the dirty, sludgy, salt & sand laden stuff on the roads, I'll get my stroller out. I probably should be doing that even now. But to be honest, I'm really enjoying all the smiles that I see on peoples faces as we are walking across the streets. :blush:

If you are enjoying the smiles now as you walk imagine the smiles when Jett and Callie are strolling along!!! You will have to attach sleigh bells!:thumbsup:

As for the time in the morning. We add 20 extra minutes in the winter because Hunter needs to be dried after going out to potty and then DH has to warm up the car for himself and Hunter and get Hunter's coat on. We don't do boots except on the coldest days.

·
Registered
5,433 Posts
I remember those days well. Especially for the Ottawa Canadian winter. Took forever to get my 3 sorted. Then of course one decides they want to go to the bathroom Lol.

·
Membership Suspended
2,839 Posts

Guess I missed something...However, if memory serves me correctly - Yes, you have to allow extra time for skin kids too (and the elderly). You get 'em all ready to go THEN they have to pee! :smilie_tischkante: :HistericalSmiley:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts