Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!!! I love the forum- I found it while doing an engine search looking for another website than the one from MO. I have not posted on this website yet, but, I'm sure that I will enjoy it with no comparison. The other one only 2 out of probably 8 posts got posted.

My idea is though to have a "where we are from" page.

This will give anyone from the same state/area an opportunity to discuss local issues and events.

Just an idea :excl:

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello!

We have an AKC registered male maltese named Schuster (pronounced shoe-ster)

He was a born Feb. 2003, and joined our family in June 2003.

We have recently purchased a female, she was born Sept. 14, 2004 and she is still with her mommy, daddy, and siblings at their home.

She will join our family sometime in December. She is a Christmas gift to my wife from me, and a Christmas gift from my wife to me.

We haven't picked out a name for her YET, but momma says she wants her middle name to be Grace.

I am fond of the name Memarie (pronouced memory)... I guess because I though of it (i didn't think of the spelling though........ I found that later after I'd thought of memory), and she likes the name Grace.
So, there we are with our deliema- any ideas will be grately appreciated

Originally posted by TikisMom@Oct 1 2004, 11:52 AM
Welcome :excl:

Please tell us about your pup.

Judi
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=10607
[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just wondering what part of Missouri you are from.

We seriously considered answering an ad we found on the internet, parties had AKC/CKC registered puppies for sale- they had their own website and pictures of babies (past and present) NUMEROUS pictures of mommy, daddy, grandparents, and great grandparents.

Anyway, we've got lots of family and friends in the South Western part of MO, Joplin, Diamond, Webb City, Jasper, Neosho, Fairview and Carthiage

We visit the Branson City area quite often.

There is a place in MO that we want to visit, somewhere in South East part of the state- they throw rolls in the restaurant to the customers- it's been shown on America's Greatest Places to eat (I think is the name), a TV show I've seen.

Anyways, we found the puppy we want (yes I'm picky) and I bought her, and anxieously awaiting her arrival to our home.

Originally posted by Caesar's Mommie@Oct 1 2004, 12:24 PM
Hi and welcome!  Sounds like a great christmas gift from/to you and your wife!
  My husband and I would like another one of these furbabies too some day. I'm glad you found this site, it really is great!

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=10614
[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Just to let you know there are A LOT of puppy mills in MO so be careful who you buy from. Do lots of research, ask for the names and numbers of some people who have gotten puppies from them, check with the better business bureau, etc. I heard somewhere that MO is known as the Puppymill state.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Well we are originally from a small town that is right between Columbia and St. Louis, right in the middle of the 2, an hour to either one. Now we are near Kansas City-about 45 minutes from KC. We went to Branson for our honeymoon.
Lamberts Restaurant...their rolls are EXCELLENT! It is a very fun atmosphere I haven't been there for a long time, but had a blast when I was. I'm thinking its in Sikeston, but am not postive on that.
We got Caesar from a wonderful family who breeds Maltese near us ( a small town towards St. Joe), she also stays in touch with us. I have heard that there are a lot of puppy mills in MO, thankfully the puppy we went to visit was not from one. Caesar was very very well socialized
, we have decided when we do get a lil' buddy for Caesar we will most definantely get one from them. The vet we took him to also strongly supported the breeder and couldnt have enough great things to say about her.
I hadn't heard about Missouri having so many mills until after we had Caesar and heard about it when I was on here, and am just so happy we did not have to deal with one. I also heard a lot are in the Saint Louis area, whether thats true or not I havent seen any personally or had any friends deal with one, so I am not sure how factual that is either way.... I hope they are all busted!

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Lambert's in Sikeston, MO is exactly the place I'm thinking of!!!! Seemed like a really cool place to eat at.

I had heard that there a NUMEROUS puppy mills in MO..... you may think I'm stupid.. I've heard of puppymills and know that they are bad, but I don't know what they are
(yeah I've led a sheltered life... please don't make fun!)

Anyways, I searched HARD and found a little girl practically at my back door- just 10 miles from home. I got the opportunity to see other puppies from this couple- They are a retired couple with a 2- 3 y/o girls, both sisters. (this is her 2nd and last time she will have puppies, they are going to spay her). The little girls are there only children at home, except the farm animals!!! They have a friend of their in another county that has a male, and he breeds her girl. The other girl doesn't have any babies.

Anyways, any ideas for names would be greatly appreciated.

What do you think of Memarie Grace? Sound good? I think so!

Scott

Also, pics will be coming very soon!

Originally posted by Caesar's Mommie@Oct 1 2004, 04:50 PM
Well we are originally from a small town that is right between Columbia and St. Louis, right in the middle of the 2, an hour to either one.  Now we are near Kansas City-about 45 minutes from KC.  We went to Branson for our honeymoon. 
  Lamberts Restaurant...their rolls are EXCELLENT!  It is a very fun atmosphere I haven't been there for a long time, but had a blast when I was.  I'm thinking its in Sikeston, but am not postive on that. 
  We got Caesar from a wonderful family who breeds Maltese near us ( a small town towards St. Joe), she also stays in touch with us.  I have heard that there are a lot of puppy mills in MO, thankfully the puppy we went to visit was not from one.  Caesar was very very well socialized
, we have decided when we do get a lil' buddy for Caesar we will most definantely get one from them.  The vet we took him to also strongly supported the breeder and couldnt have enough great things to say about her. 
  I hadn't heard about Missouri having so many mills until after we had Caesar and heard about it when I was on here, and am just so happy we did not have to deal with one.  I also heard a lot are in the Saint Louis area, whether thats true or not I havent seen any personally or had any friends deal with one, so I am not sure how factual that is either way....  I hope they are all busted!

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=10652
[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
We vacation at Gulf Shores and that was the first time we ate at Lamberts.
This past summer we went to St. Louis instead and ate there in Sikeston. It actually is not that far from us...a couple hours. It would be worth it to me to drive there just for the food too...but I am on Weight Watchers...so right now that would NOT be fun...

33 more pounds and then I will treat myself to Lamberts AND Olive Garden Fettuccini Alfredo!!!
I have lost almost 20 pounds in the past 2-3 months. Slow but sure it is coming off. Hopefully this time I can reach my goal and stay there! College and married life + 2 kids....did me in!!!! Plus, it doesn't help that I REALLY love good food!!!!!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Originally posted by scottchelf+Oct 1 2004, 12:18 PM-->
Hello!

We have an AKC registered male maltese named Schuster (pronounced shoe-ster)

He was a born Feb. 2003, and joined our family in June 2003.

We have recently purchased a female, she was born Sept. 14, 2004 and she is still with her mommy, daddy, and siblings at their home. 

She will join our family sometime in December.  She is a Christmas gift to my wife from me, and a Christmas gift from my wife to me.

We haven't picked out a name for her YET, but momma says she wants her middle name to be Grace.

I am fond of the name Memarie (pronouced memory)... I guess because I though of it (i didn't think of the spelling though........ I found that later after I'd thought of memory), and she likes the name Grace.
So, there we are with our deliema-  any ideas will be grately appreciated

<!--QuoteBegin-TikisMom
@Oct 1 2004, 11:52 AM
Welcome :excl:

Please tell us about your pup.

Judi
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=10607
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=10612
[/B][/QUOTE]
Here are a couple of names for you...

SHEILA & GAMINE 2 beautifull names... Both names mean LITTLE GIRL.
: SHEILA...means little girl "Scottish Australian"
: GAMINE also means little girl "French"
Ask to see the parents of your little baby this way less chances to be from a puppy mills.
Good Luck Great Xmas present Joyeux Noel
Silver
baby Sheila
mecat Sabre

1 - 14 of 14 Posts