Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been a member for over a year, but haven't posted much until recently. Somehow I'm not able to find the guidelines for posting....I know, I must be blind and it's right in front of me......So I'm showing my ignorance and posting the question. What brought it to my attention was another post where someone said they goofed up by typing their pet's name. Does that mean you're not supposed to type a pet's name ever? or in the post title? Joe is so nice and all you ladies have such a good time and I enjoy your posts so much, I don't want to do the wrong thing! So please somebody, straighten me out here! I know I've typed names, especially my baby's name--but I guess not in the post title.
Humbly yours, (and Happy Easter!)

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
If you've been a member for a year, surely you've noticed how we can post websites, brand names, and just about anything that is not obscene. We post pictures and have so many forum topics that you can post about pretty much whatever.

If there is a rule it is to consider these things before posting: Is it true? Will it help someone? Will it harm someone?

So, you must have a lot of backlog you want to post and we're eager to hear it!

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Originally posted by Frosty's Mom@Mar 27 2005, 12:47 PM
  I've been a member for over a year, but haven't posted much until recently. Somehow I'm not able to find the guidelines for posting....I know, I must be blind and it's right in front of me......So I'm showing my ignorance and posting the question.  What brought it to my attention was another post where someone said they goofed up by typing their pet's name.  Does that mean you're not supposed to type a pet's name ever?  or in the post title?  Joe is so nice and all you ladies have such a good time and I enjoy your posts so much, I don't want to do the wrong thing!  So please somebody, straighten me out here! I know I've typed names, especially my baby's name--but I guess not in the post title.
Humbly yours, (and Happy Easter!)

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=46566
[/QUOTE]

All is A-OK... you can post pretty much whatever you want to here. You can post your name and your email address (I woudn't recommend it, though), your dog's name, a web site, a product, a picture..... Just about anything that a reasonable person would figure could be posted, can be.

The particular poster has been having problems with "internet weirdos" so she wants to be anonymous, thus she is not going to mention her dogs' names anymore and slipped up on the title to a recent post. This should clear it up: http://spoiledmaltese.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=2921&hl=

·
Premium Member
4,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
"The particular poster has been having problems with "internet weirdos" so she wants to be anonymous, thus she is not going to mention her dogs' names anymore and slipped up on the title to a recent post." This should clear it up: http://spoiledmaltese.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=2921&hl=

Okay, that clears it up! When she said she didn't want to goof up and type the pet's name, that's what got me thinking wrong.

The reason I'm here and not on MO is because I know we can talk freely and mention products, etc. It's great! and I've said so several times, but when I read that, I thought, Oh no, have I been missing something! So thanks Kallie and Catcher's Mom!

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
yeah... dont worry! The only rule I know of is to not be rude to one another.
but i do understand why your concerned! I was kicked off of MO... and i wouldnt wanna get kicked off of SM too!

·
Registered
894 Posts
No worries here....I, for one, tend to get a bit "high strung" when it comes to BYB's, puppies weights and anyone that comes here and ATTACKS one of our own!!
You can say and post just about anything here. I have learned so much from reading links people post to other sites about everything (thanks Marj and JMM)!! Not to mention the websites for great products that have kept me in the "dog house" with DH!! You'll be very comfortable here, and I will apologize right now just in case I may offend you later when I get ticked off!!

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Originally posted by Sisses Momma@Apr 1 2005, 11:18 AM
You'll be very comfortable here, and I will apologize right now just in case I may offend you later when I get ticked  off!!

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=48062
[/QUOTE]

Can't say she didn't warn you!
You make me laugh!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts