Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was stratching Lexi's belly at lunch and I noticed that along her insion from her spaying is all swollen and their is a hard lump off to the left. I am going to get off work at 2:30 to take her to the vet. I will let you know how it goes.

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
thats EXACTLY what happened with sprite and ellie. with our old vet (he was horrible) he did the spay job REALLY bad. he didnt close up the muscle wall or something.

it turned out to be hernia. if its the same thing--you'll have to do another surgery

i hope thats not the problem

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
One of my friends at work is trying to tell me it is normal. That this is what happens after they get spayed. It does not look normal. I would rather go to the vet this afternoon and have them tell me I'm nuts then spend all weekend worrying. I am hoping they tell me I'm nuts, though.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
One of my cats did that when she was spayed. I freaked out too, but he said he was normal. I can't remember what the reason was, it was a while back. It did finally go away when everything healed up.

Hope it is like this, and nothing major. Keep us posted. Sending hugs your way!!!

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The vet we saw said he thinks it is scar tissue but is not sure. He was puzzeled as to why it showed up weeks after the surgery. We are supposed to go back next Monday. I will let yoy know what we find out then.

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I noticed last night that the lymp has gotten smaller. It is not as swollen looking.
I rescheduled Lexi's appointment for Saturday morning. So I will let you know what I find out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts