Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, after grossing everyone out with the green tripe I got a great chew treat that won't gross anyone out:

http://www.sitstay.com/cgi-bin/sdisp.cgi/EDSYB.lg.jpg

Gave it to the kids last night and all three loved it. Took a little bit of work for them to chew it up, that surprised me. I thought it might go kinda fast. The only drawback is they had big orange poos, but oh well, roughage is good.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by MomtwoMaltmuffins@Aug 6 2005, 02:48 PM
oh those sound great will have to watch for them here!

the kids just had some 'green' beef tripe, and loved it.  Found some packages I had made up in the back of the freezer and they still seemed to be
good.  Digby ate hers down really fast, and Casper had his beside him waiting for it thaw out.  I swear Digby had a huge smile on her face just waiting for Casper to move so she could move in and it steal it LOL
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=87802
[/QUOTE]
Geez- you are dedicated to those doggies! Made up your own green tripe?? I thought I was brave just opening the can!!

·
Premium Member
13,652 Posts
Originally posted by Quincymom+Aug 6 2005, 04:09 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-MomtwoMaltmuffins
@Aug 6 2005, 02:48 PM
oh those sound great will have to watch for them here!

the kids just had some 'green' beef tripe, and loved it.  Found some packages I had made up in the back of the freezer and they still seemed to be
good.  Digby ate hers down really fast, and Casper had his beside him waiting for it thaw out.  I swear Digby had a huge smile on her face just waiting for Casper to move so she could move in and it steal it LOL
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=87802
Geez- you are dedicated to those doggies! Made up your own green tripe?? I thought I was brave just opening the can!!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=87808
[/B][/QUOTE]

You know I was too scared to even open the can, but I did and I didn't think it was all that bad. Scooby ate the tripe the first day but after putting it in the fridge it set hard and now he won't eat it, typical.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You know I was too scared to even open the can, but I did and I didn't think it was all that bad. Scooby ate the trip the first day but after putting it in the fridge it set hard and now he won't eat it, typical.

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=87817
[/QUOTE]
I always warm the dogs food in the microwave. 12 seconds usually does it.

·
Premium Member
13,652 Posts
You know I was too scared to even open the can, but I did and I didn't think it was all that bad. Scooby ate the trip the first day but after putting it in the fridge it set hard and now he won't eat it, typical.

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=87817
I always warm the dogs food in the microwave. 12 seconds usually does it.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=87821
[/QUOTE]

Gosh what a dumbo I am, I just warmed his little bit of tripe and sprinkled it over his dinner and guess what? HE ATE IT JIPPEEEEEEEEEE.
thank you Quincymom,
that is the first main meal he has tucked into since Thursday.
He is a real picky eater and just nibbles when he thinks he is hungry and waits to see what he can get from our plates but we have now put our foot down and he is offered his meals and nothing else, it is hard, but I am going to stick to it and see if we can win the battle.

·
Premium Member
13,652 Posts
Puppylucy, tripe is the lining of the cows stomach and it is discusting in its raw state, but it is a very natural high enzyme food for our babies. I could never be brave and cut it up fresh but the canned one I got for Scooby is rather easier on the nose. The one I got is Solid Gold brand.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Originally posted by Quincymom@Aug 6 2005, 03:07 AM
Okay, after grossing everyone out with the green tripe I got a great chew treat that won't gross anyone out:

http://www.sitstay.com/cgi-bin/sdisp.cgi/EDSYB.lg.jpg

Gave it to the kids last night and all three loved it. Took a little bit of work for them to chew it up, that surprised me. I thought it might go kinda fast. The only drawback is they had big orange poos, but oh well, roughage is good.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=87718
[/QUOTE]

How long does it take your kids to eat these? Sounds great! Thanks for the tip.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Took the little two almost one hour to eat their yams. Quincy chomped through his in about 20-30 minutes.
As for the tripe, I fed them the last of the can this morning, I have never seen anything like it! Little Lily growls, barks and whines, Jonas jumps up and down yipping and barking. And Quincy, who has to be the most uninterested eater in the world was pawing at my feet and whining this morning waiting for me to hurry up and mix up the food. Then they try to outrun each other to their food bowls. Green tripe is doggie drugs, I'm telling you!

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
i ordered something like that around a year ago, i think it was that long ago. i posted about it on here. it was front porch (something).com and they had little french fries made out of yams and the dogs LOVED them. and they sell these big ones that the dogs would eat quickly too. i hope someone can find the thread about it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts