Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just went to pick up Delilah and when I was picking her up. I felt this strange hard nodgule/bump like thing on her belly. You can't see it, but I can surely feel it under the skin. It's about the half the size of a #2 pencil eraser. Now I'm freaking out, what could it possibly be?

·
Premium Member
1,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, she isn't spayed and it's definately not a mamory gland. It's like in the middle of her belly.

·
Premium Member
1,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've added a photo of it. It's almost hernia like.

Attachments

·
Registered
17,036 Posts
It could be a fatty cyst but I would have the vet take a look/see.

·
Premium Member
1,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I googled umbilical hernia in puppys and it just might be that. If so, will she need surgery to fix it? oh I hope not!

·
Premium Member
1,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
But, if I show her, then she won't be spayed! Then I will have to have it fixed on it's own. I've never noticed it before, maybe it will go away. I have to take her Monday to get her last set of puppy shots and I will ask the Dr to check it out then.

·
Premium Member
1,280 Posts
:mellow: It looks like an umbilical hernia to me.. If she is not spayed because you may show her... your vet will give you good advice ( hopefully).. these are common in Maltese and an very safe surgery to repair. I worked at vet hospital and it was usually done at time of neuter or spay. But if you show her --- if she needs baby canines pulled the hernia could be done at same time.. your vet will know. Jeanne

1 - 12 of 12 Posts