Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 104 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Went to go pick up my kids from school and there was a little yorkie (or silky, I can't tell which) running around by my car. Marina, being Marina, went to go pick him up and he's obviously very used to people. Kids were kicking him and he has no concept of street safety so we brought him home with us. Just what I need - another dog here!

He looks younger, is matted up but toe nails are short.

Here is a pic of him. I put up signs by my school and put ads on Craigslist and Fidofinder - am hoping someone claims him soon!

He is NOT NEUTERED. :smilie_tischkante::smilie_tischkante:I have him in an enclosed pen in my dog room (jumped right out of an xpen) I have 9 week old unvaccinated puppies here and it makes me nervous, so I can't have him 'walking' anywhere that they will be so he is not and will not be 'introduced' to my other dogs. LUCKILY he's fairly quiet. I took him to the vet and had them scan him for a chip - he's not chipped and he wasn't wearing a collar. more with the :smilie_tischkante:

I really hope his owners call soon! And you can bet i will mention having him neutered. I can't tell what breed he is because he's not a good representation of either a yorkie or a silky. I'm just glad none of my girls are in heat right now!

·
Premium Member
596 Posts
OMG! poor baby ! he must miss his family and I understand what you are saying about the pups and no vaccines. I went through this already a few weeks back. My babies were born July 14.

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
Awww Stacy, how sweet of you to bring him home with you...I'm glad he's out of the streets and safe at home with you. I can imagine it's a little hectic having him around right now, with the new puppies and all. I hope his owners come claim him soon.

He sure is cute!

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
aw hope you find his owners soon. He looks like a yorkie to me...just poorly bred. A silky would have a more wedge-shaped muzzle

·
Membership Suspended
2,839 Posts
It's understandable your concern for your own babies. Since he's not neutered it begs the question "has he been vaccinated?"

What a real softy you are - but so kind to bring him home. Another thing you could do is call the vet's in your area and see if someone has posted a "lost dog" notice with them, and your local animal control.

I cannot tell the difference between a Silky and a Yorkie - what is the difference?

·
Premium Member
24,026 Posts
Went to go pick up my kids from school and there was a little yorkie (or silky, I can't tell which) running around by my car. Marina, being Marina, went to go pick him up and he's obviously very used to people. Kids were kicking him and he has no concept of street safety so we brought him home with us. Just what I need - another dog here!

OMG Stacy. Kids were kicking him. What kind of kids were those? It's unthinkable to me. Thank goodness you got him. I know it's not the best situation for you but hopefully very soon he'll be found. You probably saved his life.

Stacy - where is the school located? What town?

·
Premium Member
12,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Silkies are WAY BIGGER and have more "terrier" than "toy" features...

I hope his family finds him soon!
I know what well-bred silkies look like, this just doesn't seem to be a well-bred dog of either breed, so it's hard to really tell. He's a bigger boy. He's got a bad underbite and is a mess matting wise.

Here are some more pics of him.

I will contact a yorkie rescue and see if they can take him. He definitely needs a bath though!

·
Premium Member
6,469 Posts
I think contacting a Yorkie rescue before bringing him to your local shelter is a great idea. Often times, newspapers will let you put ads in them if the animal is lost.

·
Premium Member
24,026 Posts
Oh, looking at those pictures. :smcry: Being that he isn't neutered and not really cared for, are there BYB's or puppy mills in the area? Just thinkin'.

·
Membership Suspended
2,839 Posts
He's matted? Stacy, is that your grooming table you have him on?? :D

You may want to put a "found" announcement with his pic on Petfinders too.

·
Registered
4,494 Posts
flyers at local vets and groomers as well will help and I always see them at starbucks too

facebook helped find two yorkies from yt as well

also you can send an announcement around by phone as someone sent one to our phones this week for their missing cat. it was pretty wild as it went to my voicemail so you may want to call your local phone company as they do a recording and send it to all phone numbers in surrounding areas.

ETA

here is a good link to help

http://www.yorkietalk.com/forums/yo...24-tips-reuniting-found-dog-their-owners.html

·
Membership Suspended
2,839 Posts
Forgive me, I don't know all the communities in CA - but here's what I picked off of Petfinder Lost Classifieds.. If any of these areas are close to you try the names of these pups and see if he responds. I only chose the ones where the ears were sticking up.

- Less

Email to a friend
ID: 291449
Dolce

posted — 09-14-2010
Silky Terrier
Young, Male
Our 2 year old, about 7 lbs., Male silky terrier got out on monday/09/13/2010 at around 9am. We are very very close to the Imperial HWY so we are almost positive of the idea that somebody stopped and picked him up since there was no sign of an accident. We just moved into the neighborhood and unfortunately he was not wearing his collar. Please contact Jonothan at 714.699.6536. He was at the Biola Ave, near Biola University in La Mirada, CA.**
Owner:

La Mirada, CA
323-244-8458

Email to a friend
ID: 234647
Coco

posted — 05-19-2010
Yorkshire Terrier Yorkie
Adult, Male
Yorkshire Terrier Lost dog Black and tan color named Coco small last seen 17th and Mesa, San Pedro,ca Sunday May 16th. Please call 310-756-7212
Owner:

san pedro, CA
310-756-7212

Email to a friend
ID: 255594
Yorkie

posted — 07-04-2010
Yorkshire Terrier Yorkie
Adult, Male
Lost male 3 1/2yr old Yorkie (Yorkie) possibly wearing a brown collar. Both black-brown with Tan coats, rear hair is not silky. Last seen on 6/30 at 9pm, possibly gotten out on 7/1 around 3am. Please help me find my dog, he is very precious to our family, Ive had him since he was a puppy and now is 4 yrs. old. If you seen them or have them please contact me, I promise no questions asked and reward will be a guaranteed. Please see pics below. Contact # 909-559-4703. Please help me find him.
Owner:

Fontana, CA
909-559-4703

Email to a friend
ID: 264435
KODA

posted — 07-20-2010
Yorkshire Terrier Yorkie
Young, Male
KODA HAS BLACK/GREY/BROWN/WHITE HAIR, BROWN EYES. MISSING SINCE 7/19/10.
Owner:

CORONA, CA
714-928-9518

Email to a friend
ID: 262154
Benjamin

posted — 07-16-2010
Yorkshire Terrier Yorkie
Adult, Male
Lost my male yorkie on April 28, 2010. last seen in front of my home on walnut ave in North Long Beach. Was wearing a blue collar at time of disappearance. :Have done everything i can think of to find him. He is very missed.
Owner:

Long Beach, CA
562-470-6356

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
Oh dear...God bless you. YOu are so sweet for doing that. he looks like a silky terrier to me. Hope you find his owners soon.

He looks younger, is matted up but toe nails are short.

Here is a pic of him. I put up signs by my school and put ads on Craigslist and Fidofinder - am hoping someone claims him soon!

He is NOT NEUTERED. :smilie_tischkante::smilie_tischkante:I have him in an enclosed pen in my dog room (jumped right out of an xpen) I have 9 week old unvaccinated puppies here and it makes me nervous, so I can't have him 'walking' anywhere that they will be so he is not and will not be 'introduced' to my other dogs. LUCKILY he's fairly quiet. I took him to the vet and had them scan him for a chip - he's not chipped and he wasn't wearing a collar. more with the :smilie_tischkante:

I really hope his owners call soon! And you can bet i will mention having him neutered. I can't tell what breed he is because he's not a good representation of either a yorkie or a silky. I'm just glad none of my girls are in heat right now!

·
Registered
10,740 Posts
Kids were kicking at him,gee when I was a kid,we'd never do that,we'd be fighting over who would get to hold him. What's wrong w/ kids today...makes me want to kick them!!

He looks like a real sweet heart,bet he's scared ,but he'll learn he's in a safe place and maybe want to stay???? I know what you mean about young unvaccinated pups,I'd be a bit worried too about spread of disease...

Maybe he got loose from an elderly person who couldn't keep up the grooming....

He's got a good home now.Advertise all you can,but in Ohio ,if 3 days pass ,after adverts have been placed and avenues to find a home have been tried,he's yours.
Poor little guy ,maybe some Coybow Magic might help the matts..

He's lucky you saw him.

Hopefully it wil be a happy ending for all.

·
Premium Member
2,210 Posts
Awe, poor little guy, I bet he's so frightened. What the heck is the matter with kids?! Kicking him? How awful, I can't imagine how he felt. Yep, he needs shaved, how sad. Hope there is a happy ending, too!

·
Premium Member
12,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Kids were kicking at him,gee when I was a kid,we'd never do that,we'd be fighting over who would get to hold him. What's wrong w/ kids today...makes me want to kick them!!

He looks like a real sweet heart,bet he's scared ,but he'll learn he's in a safe place and maybe want to stay???? I know what you mean about young unvaccinated pups,I'd be a bit worried too about spread of disease...

Maybe he got loose from an elderly person who couldn't keep up the grooming....

He's got a good home now.Advertise all you can,but in Ohio ,if 3 days pass ,after adverts have been placed and avenues to find a home have been tried,he's yours.
Poor little guy ,maybe some Coybow Magic might help the matts..

He's lucky you saw him.

Hopefully it wil be a happy ending for all.
But I don't want him!!!!

That's all i need to keep - an unaltered male yorkie or silky, LOL.

Will definitely bring out the big guns for the dematting process. He is a bit submissive but very friendly. he didn't try to run away from marina, in fact that is why he was getting kicked. He kept running up to all of the junior high school kids.
hopefully someone will see the signs and CALL ME!!!! Otherwise, I'm going to see if I can get a rescue involved. He'd be easy to find a home - no major issues. Well, not yet!

Awe, poor little guy, I bet he's so frightened. What the heck is the matter with kids?! Kicking him? How awful, I can't imagine how he felt. Yep, he needs shaved, how sad. Hope there is a happy ending, too!
I hope so too!!

·
Registered
3,567 Posts
What a poor little Yorkie boy! That's so sad and terrible to hear kids were kicking at him!
Luck for him that you and Marina came to pick him up and rescued him. On the other side I really can understand that you can't keep him, too!

I really keep my fingers crossed that his owners will get in contact with you.

Please keep us updated!
Hugs to you and Marina! Good to know there are people like you! :heart:

Alexandra :wub:

1 - 20 of 104 Posts