Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tonight I was separating laundry in the hall, and I could hear Brinkley barking to beat the band in the living room. I yelled at him to hush a few times, but to no avail. I thought he was probably barking at the radio b/c we had the Friday night football game on...and my husband is doing live play by play reports etc. So I just assumed he was barking b/c he heard Craig but could not find him in the radio.

I finally got concerned b/c maybe there was something he heard outside and I went in there to check it out!.

We have an antique halltree like thing with a long mirror on the front of it. He was barking at the dog in the mirror!!! :wacko:
I picked him up and he did his wiggly "let me at him...growl...bark....wiggle....squirm...growl..." routine!!
When I put him back down...(b/c I was laughing so hard I could hardly see)...he jumped up on the shelf and got nose to nose with that doggy and just really let him have it!!!) I just could not stand it. I got so tickled at him! He was SERIOUS about this mission!!! He is SO goofy!

I have tried to show him to the doggy in the mirror several times...just about every day...two times a day...when I do his eye stuff. He just never acts linterested. Tonight was different. This doggy in THIS mirror was ferocious...and he must protect us from him!

Oh me!
Just one of the many funny moments this precious fluff-butt brings to our home. What did we do for entertainment before him?!

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
i ahd to add a smiley just for this, great story

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:wacko:
Ok....it was cute for the first 10 minutes!!!
Now he will NOT stop barking at that doggy!!!!! :ph34r:
I tried covering the mirror with a throw and he just got behind it and pulled it down...so he could see the mirror again! ugh!

Did I say that this story was cute and funny? Did I say that? Just a few minutes ago I posted that? My how that barking CONSTANTLY can sure change your mind quickly!!!!!

LOL

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
LOL...

Love that smiley!!! Great one!!! That is even better than

You are the greatest Joe. I just love this place!!!

·
Registered
939 Posts
That is soooooo Funny!
!

Tiki ignores the dog in the mirrors, but he will bark at a stuffed dog or a picture of a dog. This morning my son was having cereal for breakfast and Tiki decided the box was a problem. He barked and growled for 5 minutes and I finally had to put the box away.

I know what you mean about it starting out as funny and then becoming annoying!

Judi

·
Registered
447 Posts
That is so funny!!!!

I wish Brit'ny would do something like that! She barely glances at herself, and only when I just did her hair.

Ceasar's Mom... my shih-poo Cisco is exactly like that! He will NOT look at himself in the mirror at all! He just turns his head and looks sad. Maybe he has low self esteem?

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
That is so funny! Lexi does this every so often. Most of the time she doesn't seem to notice her reflection but other times oh my god so she goes nuts! She did this yesterday when she caught her reflection in a window.

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
thats sooo cute. gruffi is the only one who really did that...and it was only for 5 minutes. now he jumps on my moms bed and stares at himself in her mirror(i think he thinks that he's beautiful.
) and i've tried giving affection to stuffed dogs and seeing if they'll get jealous---but they dont care. i bought gruffi this huge Tickle-Me-Elmo that would shake....and now he's angry at the toy because he broke it. lol. you definitely have to take pictures of him barking at the mirror though.

·
Registered
831 Posts
That is toooo funny!!

Maya doesn't really pay attention to herself in the mirror. but Daezie stares at herself and when I'm looking in the mirror she looks at me and starts barking at me. but she makes this funny faces I guess she doesnt undertand why there are two mommies

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
That's pretty hilarious!! Tuffy pulled a similar thing when we were staying at my grandmother's house... He had run off to explore and all of the sudden we heard him barking up a storm (which he never does) and I ran to find him, well, he was standing at the end of her hallway just barking like a nut! I couldn't figure out what he was barking at until I looked down the hallway and saw the huge full length mirror she has there. Tuffy saw the intruder dog at the end of the hallway and was going nuts :lol: He also entertained himself with another mirror that she had sitting on the floor, it was so hysterical to see him trying to paw at his reflection.

·
Registered
100 Posts
heheheh! Maggie does this too! Anything that has a mirror or a reflection to it..she goes up to it and peeks at herself...growls.....puffs.......puts her paw up...growls some more...charges at herself....and then peeks at herself out of one eyeball. It is so funny! I finally had to cover the mirrors because she was having too much fun with herself! lol

·
Registered
145 Posts
Zoe has gotten used to the mirror now but when we first brought her home she kept running into it! She was like a bird flying straight into a window. She just thought she was running into another room. We had to tape large sheets of paper onto the mirrors so that she wouldn't get too confused!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts