Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,345 Posts
Did you get medical records with her? Since you have doubts about her, and think the seller may be fraudulent, maybe you should have her checked by a vet to make sure she is healthy and the age she was represented to be. And has had vaccines and does not have parasites. And at that time you could see about getting a DNA test. It requires a blood sample to be sent to the company which does the test.

I think her appearance is generally what Maltese look like, though the snout is rather long. Does her tail curve up over her back?

·
Premium Member
2,345 Posts
It's hard to tell from a photo, so with your other concerns, having her checked by a vet sounds very important.

I was concerned about vaccinations -- I have never been to Greece, but I thought I remembered Sandi (Edelweiss) encountering problems.

Here in the US, young puppies from unscrupulous breeders often have been exposed to parvovirus, which is a disease that can require intensive care if the puppy can even be saved. :( My vets advised me not to take my tiny Maltese puppy out to public places (in 1996) until they were confident he was fully vaccinated -- they were concerned the vaccines from his breeder were not timed properly and so they gave him an additonal one or maybe two doses. Unfortunately this limited his socialization, but he stayed healthy!

·
Premium Member
2,345 Posts
Noooo! What company did you use for the DNA test for Whisper? I know I've read that the Maltese are related to spaniels, but those other breeds? lol If it were my dog, I think I would try again with a different company. I see Maltese, mixed with another Maltese .... :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts