Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

Registered
Okay so I鈥檓 really sad because I鈥檝e been waiting to get a maltese and I paid a REALLY high price for this dog. And I learned the place I got it from is fraudulent. Some people have been tricked there.
I love the puppy and I鈥檓 going to keep it at all costs. I鈥檝e had it for less than 48 hours and we鈥檝e bonded greatly! But I鈥檓 afraid that maybe it鈥檚 not a Maltese. I think it is though. Is it? It is 4 months old shouldn鈥檛 it be looking bigger? 馃槥

She鈥檚 beautiful and looks Maltese to me. Our little girl was sent to us at 12 weeks and was 1.5 pounds and a little bigger than the Palm of my hand. At 1 year, she is now 5 pounds. Please get her to a vet as soon as you can for a check up. I would also bathe her since she was sent to you. I鈥檓 sure she鈥檒l check out fine - she鈥檚 really adorable. Enjoy your new baby!!

Registered
Okay so I鈥檓 really sad because I鈥檝e been waiting to get a maltese and I paid a REALLY high price for this dog. And I learned the place I got it from is fraudulent. Some people have been tricked there.
I love the puppy and I鈥檓 going to keep it at all costs. I鈥檝e had it for less than 48 hours and we鈥檝e bonded greatly! But I鈥檓 afraid that maybe it鈥檚 not a Maltese. I think it is though. Is it? It is 4 months old shouldn鈥檛 it be looking bigger? 馃槥

looks maltese and she's just beautiful. Just love her and give her the best home possible.

Registered
I demanded they give me some kind of medical report and they gave me her Bulgarian passport and it was all in Bulgarian language. My country is exactly below so I assume she came from a puppy mill sadly, they are fastly transported by vans here. At the 鈥渂reed鈥漵ection they had written something that was erased and covered with 鈥淢altese鈥 馃 sketchyyy. Anyway. I love the baby it鈥檚 the fact these people took 1800 鈧 which is a lot of money for me.
She has been through so much already! We have a rescue from a known puppy mill that was shut down. He is the most beautiful boy ever. So much love to give. Papers are just papers. You have a little one who desperately needs your love and however he came into your life it was in some way meant to be. You both been blessed with each other. A vet appointment is needed to make sure that you don鈥檛 miss anything health wise. This is how my baby Zack looked when I first rescued him. He鈥檚 my best friend and has never ending love for me. He is 11 years old and is doing great,( God Bless.)

Registered
Boo ( Maltese) 4 years & Hunny ( golden doodle) 11 years

She looks like a Maltese. My Aldo had a longer snout like hers. My current Maltese Boo has a shorter snout. They all can be a little different. No two dogs of the same breed are identical. Look at Goldens, or Cockers.. A little different. I wouldn't worry I believe shes a Maltese.

Registered
Did you get medical records with her? Since you have doubts about her, and think the seller may be fraudulent, maybe you should have her checked by a vet to make sure she is healthy and the age she was represented to be. And has had vaccines and does not have parasites. And at that time you could see about getting a DNA test. It requires a blood sample to be sent to the company which does the test.

I think her appearance is generally what Maltese look like, though the snout is rather long. Does her tail curve up over her back?
I鈥檝e been having the same issue with my puppy and it鈥檚 true breed after rescuing our pup from an irresponsible breeder and previous owner.. my puppy is also very difficult to tell apart the breed since the mom was truly a full breed maltese although the older our pup got, the smaller the chances of him being a maltese are as well..
Hopefully any of you guys can also care to help and see if our puppy is also a maltese mix breed?

Attachments

Registered
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
I鈥檝e been having the same issue with my puppy and it鈥檚 true breed after rescuing our pup from an irresponsible breeder and previous owner.. my puppy is also very difficult to tell apart the breed since the mom was truly a full breed maltese although the older our pup got, the smaller the chances of him being a maltese are as well..
Hopefully any of you guys can also care to help and see if our puppy is also a maltese mix breed?
Hey Nina! Your puppy is like an adorable polar bear 馃惢鈥嶁潉 I think your puppy is a mix. Probably a maltese with a bigger dog so it might also grow! You can get that Embark dna test for your dog and learn about it鈥檚 breed, it tells you what鈥檚 the best way to take care of each breed, their needs as well as what to look out for when it comes to their health, if they are prone to a specific disease etc. I will probably do that someday in the future but the important thing is having fun with our puppies right now and taking care of them!

Premium Member
My Whisper came to me from a rescue at 4 months. He had been dumped under a bush and was sickly when they got him. The rescue fee was $600. Very cheap considering all his early medical bills as he was sickly. They initially had him and his brother but the other boy didn't make it.

When I got him he was 3 lbs. He is now 8 lbs and 10" at shoulder. I was happy with him whatever breed he was but wanted DNA done for health reasons. The DNA, which the vet still doesn't believe, said my pup was spaniel, terrier, chihuahua, peekingnese, and retriever. I've attached a pix from the day I got him and a pix taken a week ago after grooming. I post this only to show that it's hard to know what a little white dog is without DNA. :)

Attachments

Premium Member
Noooo! What company did you use for the DNA test for Whisper? I know I've read that the Maltese are related to spaniels, but those other breeds? lol If it were my dog, I think I would try again with a different company. I see Maltese, mixed with another Maltese .... :D

21 - 29 of 29 Posts