Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Watch out for e-mails from Earthlink that ask you to update your account. They are fraudulent. I received one yesterday and somebody on a Yahoo list received another one today. If you try to copy and paste the e-mail, the copy comes out gibberish. You will see it even before copying and pasting. Just highlight the text and under each word you will see something else.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Same thing goes for emails from "Ebay". I'm not claiming the eBay corporation is sending fraudulant emails. However, I have received emails in my hotmail account (which is the email account that I have my eBay & paypal accounts set up with) and the ref. line indicates that a bid supposedly placed on my account (one that I've not placed) has been cancelled. You may also receive an email from "Ebay" requesting you to change or update your personal information. Should you receive these such emails, you should immediately forward them, not copy & past, just forward only, not including any text from you in an attempt to contact ebay, and forward the email to [email protected]

eBay has recently updated their website and if you are a registered member, you have in your account a NEW feature called "alerts". These "alerts" are accessible only by going to the website (not clicking on a link because it may lead you to a false ebay link setting you up to potentially be victimized) and clicking on alerts. Any emails that come to your inbox that are from the real ebay corporation will be in this alert feature or in the inbox part of your messages on the eBay website. You can only access these if you are a registered member and logged in.

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
I get emails at work about my eBay account and PayPal account. I know they are fake because neither eBay nor PayPal has my work email address. But they look very real...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts