Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How is it working for you with your adult (not puppies) dogs? Do your overeaters eventually regulate themselves? Thanks for any experiences!

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Originally posted by Quincymom@Oct 1 2005, 07:14 AM
How is it working for you with your adult (not puppies) dogs? Do your overeaters eventually regulate themselves? Thanks for any experiences!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=105268
[/QUOTE]

I am not sure if you mean maltese or hound type of dogs? Anyways, Miko is about 2.5 yrs old and we have done both types of feedings for him. I find that when he is free fed he is actually much more picky and eats less than if I feed him 2x/day. However, he is much more better behaved when we do 2x/day feedings.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
I free feed in my home with both my malt, Frosty, my Dach., Dafney, and Kitty. For me I personally think that I am not hungry at the same time every day, so I don't expect my furkids to be either. Luckily I don't have any overeaters, or at least not yet. Granted, I only fill their bowls once a day. I do look several times throughout to see where they are on food. Usually by the end of the day, they have eaten the whole bowl.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Originally posted by Quincymom@Oct 1 2005, 09:02 AM
I meant Maltese overeaters. What do you mean by better behaved if on 2x a day feedings?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=105277
[/QUOTE]

It probably doesn't relate to you, but our spoiled baby can growl and act out. But that sort of seemed to be a phase he went through about half a year ago and has been much better since we have been doing some training. I guess when we feed twice a day it helps to reaffirm ourselves as alphas.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Lacey is freefed. I have found out that she eats most of her food about 4 am. Don't know why but she prefers to eat most of her meal by herself. Go figure.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts