Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of my coworks told me about this cool site. There have been a couple of people at work that have done this. It is called Free Ipods. If you go to the site DON'T register yet.

Here is what you have to do.
1) You have to participate in 1 of there online offers (I'll put those below)
2) Refer 5 friends that will also participate in 1 offer each
3) They will ship you the Ipod or gift certificate that you ordered

Here are the offers:
Complete 1 of the offers below:
New York Times
With convenient home delivery, you can start each day with all the news, the
views, the wit and the wisdom you expect from The New York Times. As low as
$2.90/week when you order today!
CLICK HERE NOW!

Click Here
Blockbuster Online
FREE 2 Week Trial to Blockbuster Online! Rent DVDs Online! More than 25,000
Titles! Free Shipping both ways! No Due Dates! Plus, get 2 FREE in-store
rentals a month! Start Your FREE Trial Now! You must register, select movies
and remain a member during the 2 week trial to receive credit.
CLICK HERE NOW!

Click Here
BMG Music Service
Get 12 CDs for the price of 1 with membership at BMG Music Service. Choose
from over 13,000 hits in rock, pop, R&B, country and more!
CLICK HERE NOW!

Click Here
Video Professor
This offer features FREE Computer lessons for the consumer as well as free
version McAfee virus scan. Yours just for trying our famous free* computer
lessons.
CLICK HERE NOW!

Click Here
Stamps.com
Digital Scale, and Free Supplies Kit!
CLICK HERE NOW!

Click Here
Ancestry.com
Find your Ancestors Looking for names to add to your family tree? Search for
your ancestors in our comprehensive collection of resources.
CLICK HERE NOW!

Click Here
MyInks
Myinks is “ the most trusted source for ink on the Internet” for a reason.
Free Shipping with every $35 order – plus - every order gets great premiums
like Free Magazine subscription, Gold Coin, Webster CDs, etc.
CLICK HERE NOW!

Click Here
GM Card
Get more than you pay for with the GM Card! Every purchase earns you 5%
towards a new GM vehicle! 0% Intro APR on balance transfers! No Annual Fee!
CLICK HERE NOW!

Click Here
The Literary Guild®.
Get 75% off one bestseller, plus 1 book FREE with FREE shipping and
handling! Now is your opportunity to get great books and great savings from
The Literary Guild®. Click for details. Please enter the email address
associated with your account when signing up for this offer.
CLICK HERE NOW!

Click Here
USA Today
Subscribe to the USA Today and Save 39%! The USA TODAY provides you with the
most up-to-date news, sports, money and life. Subscribe Today!
CLICK HERE NOW![/B]
The MyInk one sounds the easiest. So that is the one I'm going to do. I'm planning on doing this. If anyone else is interested PM me your email address and I will add you to my list of referred friends.

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
i wish i knew 5 people that would do that. i'm buying cynthia a pink ipod on friday for her birthday. they're only $265 with free shipping and free engraving. which is better than when we got caseys. it was $295 plus $20 for engraving plus shipping. we didnt do the engraving though. but it came to around $320 total.

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've been wanting one but didn't want to spend $250-300 on one. I figure if I can get 5 people plus myself to buy ink for there printers I can get one. The HP Color ink cartridge is usually around $35. I need that plus the black one so I figured that one would be easy. Plus it is a one time deal. You order ink and you have completed the terms of the offer.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
I tried this a few weeks ago, and of course NOTHING happened... ah well...it was worth the try.

Yesterday I decided to make a purchase. Instead of buying the I-Pod I decided to buy the Dell DJ (which has the same features). I am really excited. I got the 15 GB and the FM transmitter (so it plays in your car) for $197! The only thing that was a let down was that it is on back order... Hopefully it will be sent in the next two weeks! I am just so excited!
My boyfriend has the 15GB I-Pod so I will post the differences and which one is more "user friendly"

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by nataliecmu@Oct 27 2004, 10:57 AM
I tried this a few weeks ago, and of course NOTHING happened... ah well...it was worth the try.

Yesterday I decided to make a purchase. Instead of buying the I-Pod I decided to buy the Dell DJ (which has the same features). I am really excited. I got the 15 GB and the FM transmitter (so it plays in your car) for $197! The only thing that was a let down was that it is on back order... Hopefully it will be sent in the next two weeks! I am just so excited!
My boyfriend has the 15GB I-Pod so I will post the differences and which one is more "user friendly" 

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=13451
[/QUOTE]

Did you have 5 people that did the offer? Just wondering. If you did an still didn't get anything then I won't bother doing it.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
This is how I kinda saw it...
I send it to 5 who have to do it, who have to send it, to 5 who have to do it, who have to send it to 5... and really how many people really take the time to do it...
All of my five did something but I havn't heard anything...because I think they have to get 5 to commit first... you know is a BIG vicious circle! But... maybe I'm wrong...it has happened before!! :D

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by nataliecmu@Oct 27 2004, 11:28 AM
This is how I kinda saw it...
I send it to 5 who have to do it, who have to send it, to 5 who have to do it, who have to send it to 5... and really how many people really take the time to do it...
All of my five did something but I havn't heard anything...because I think they have to get 5 to commit first... you know is a BIG vicious circle! But... maybe I'm wrong...it has happened before!!  :D
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=13462
[/QUOTE]

From what I understand you have to do it and 5 other people have to do an offer. Then you get an Ipod. For 1 the other people to get an Ipod they have to get 5 other people to do something.

·
Registered
447 Posts
I tried this same thing for a laptop. You had to sign up for two things

I signed up for the Blockbuster thing and then the online account for Pet Meds, never recieved any notification that I would be getting a laptop that I was promised

They also advertise a free tv, free Louis Vuitton pouchette, free Tiffany's bracelet... I get these pop ups all the time...

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Originally posted by Brit'sMom@Oct 28 2004, 04:24 AM
I tried this same thing for a laptop.  You had to sign up for two things

I signed up for the Blockbuster thing and then the online account for Pet Meds, never recieved any notification that I would be getting a laptop that I was promised

They also advertise a free tv, free Louis Vuitton pouchette, free Tiffany's bracelet... I get these pop ups all the time...
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=13603
[/QUOTE]

You probably get the popups because you have spyware on your computer, downloaded without your knoweldge. There are a couple companies that make free spyware removal software and they work great. I actually have two different ones on my computer: Ad-Aware and Spybot.

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Originally posted by MomtwoMaltmuffins@Nov 20 2004, 09:44 PM
I bet that is loaded with Spyware.

I have Adaware, SpyBot and now Spy Sweeper.  I think I got the TV Media and Webrebates0 from a site called buddypics.com that has icons you can download to use in AOL IM

Spy Sweeper found the TV and Webrebate0 but the other programs did not.  The stupid spyware, cannot remember 50 or 60 was sucking the life right out of my computer - resources were running very low 11%

There is so much of this spyware crap out there
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=17462
[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the recommendation of Spy Sweeper... I just now bought it and ran a scan ... it found a trojan that the other two did not find.....

·
Registered
43 Posts
I did an offer like that but it was for a digital video recorder.... and had to do 2 offers, no referrals...Still waiting on the thing
hehehe

1 - 15 of 15 Posts