Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just after I have planted geraniums and petunias all over my landscaping we get this for tonight! They are spread out everywhere. Any advice how to try to cover them up?

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
That is SO aggravating! I don't have any tips on covering-I usually plant mine late enough that I don't have to worry about it. I see lots of tarps and plastic out around here...we are under a freeze warning for tonight at well...
Good luck! I am not looking forward to turning the heat back on!

We also have baseball/softball jamboree all day today at the park. It is only 52 degrees and overcast with a NW wind supposed to gust between 15-25 mph!
I am NOT looking forward to it...the park is somewhat on a slight hill, so it always seems to blow/be cooler up there! It is going to be a LONG day! Usually on jamboree weekend we worry with sunburn-today all the kids are covered up and I hope they are selling as much coffee/hot chocolate as they are gatorade!

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Originally posted by Harleysmom@Apr 23 2005, 07:28 AM
Just after I have planted geraniums and petunias all over my landscaping we get this for tonight! They are spread out everywhere. Any advice how to try to cover them up?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=55624
[/QUOTE]

I live in Indiana too..and they are saying possibly 22 degrees in the morning w/ snow for today and tomorrow.
Umm...it IS April, nearly May right?
We had such bad storms here last night...

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
We are also looking at a frost tonight after I have most of my landscaping done. I agree that bed sheets work well for large areas. Buckets also work for individual plants. Just be sure what ever you use to cover your plants with you remove fairly early the following day that is if a frost is all you receive.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all the advice. I bought some inexpensive pots to put on top of all my gerianiums and then covered my big planters w/trash bags. In the back off my deck I have 7 flower boxes and I also stuck trash bags around them too.Hope it helps-I froze just doing that!

·
Registered
552 Posts
Originally posted by Harleysmom@Apr 23 2005, 03:07 PM
Thanks for all the advice. I bought some inexpensive pots to put on top of all my gerianiums and then covered my big planters w/trash bags. In the back off my deck I have 7 flower boxes and I also stuck trash bags around them too.Hope it helps-I froze just doing that!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=55702
[/QUOTE]
I am a Florist and you did the right thing by covering them up with pots. When trash bags and things like sheets touch them and it freezes the plant may stick to them. If at all possible take everything in planters indoors. The cold could freeze their roots if your not careful. I worked for 6 hours today taking plants and bedding in to keep it from freezing the next ciouple of days.
Gizzie's Momma

1 - 7 of 7 Posts