Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I finally had to give Hunter a bath. His mouth is still sore and so it was very hard to wash his face and head but we did the best we could. His allergies are making his tearing so bad and it gets very smelly as his face stays wet a good part of the day now (he has to sharp of a channel between eyes and nose so it doesn't dry). But, he tolerates it and we love him for it. Here's a few snapshots of his after bath glory :)

Check me out - I'm super Clean!!!!!!
View attachment 86038

Alright - that's enough peeking; I'm all neeked!
View attachment 86039

This treat is just what the doctor ordered - sorry friends, I'm not sharing this one :):thumbsup:
View attachment 86040

·
Premium Member
2,077 Posts
awww a nekkid wittle hunter! What a cutie!! he's such a sweet boy!

My BG has that sharp channel you were talking about too. I use a little blueberry facial or pure paws no rinse on him everyday and just comb it through to get all the eye gunk out. It keeps his face clean and odor free. Otherwise he gets very yeasty smelling.

·
Premium Member
1,466 Posts
Awwwww nekkid Hunter is adorable!! I just love,love his little nose!! I just wanna peencchh it!! LOL

·
Premium Member
6,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Isn't the channel terrible?? It makes it so hard to keep his face looking clean and white - it's always damp. We do use the spa lavash but were told to leave his face alone for a week or so and it was simply terrible. I combed out what I could but eww.....we're so glad he's clean!

·
Premium Member
2,077 Posts
Isn't the channel terrible?? It makes it so hard to keep his face looking clean and white - it's always damp. We do use the spa lavash but were told to leave his face alone for a week or so and it was simply terrible. I combed out what I could but eww.....we're so glad he's clean!
yeah it gets pretty stinky -- even when I just comb out the boogies in the morning it helps. Ha ha as I type my Havanese if over licking my BG's face and ears. They do this every monring. It's like my havanese just can't stand the BG being a mess and cleans him up. :HistericalSmiley:

·
Premium Member
4,484 Posts
awhh hunter you are such a special little guy. and now your even all fluffy, soft and yummiiiie.

*cuddles send*

·
Premium Member
24,019 Posts
Oh Hunter -- you look like you could be in a Snuggle commercial. :wub::wub: I just want to give you a huge (((hug))).

·
Premium Member
10,319 Posts
Erin, buy a box of cornstarch at the grocery store and each morning before you go to work, take a spoon and put a little bit on a paper towel. Then take your fingertips and pat it on each side. Do that in the morning and evening and it will keep it dryer in that area. I did that for Rain after I got her and it helped her a lot. I washed in just that area twice a day too.......So glad to see that Hunter had that bath...I just had to tease you!!! He is a little LOVE!!!!:wub:

·
Premium Member
6,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Erin, buy a box of cornstarch at the grocery store and each morning before you go to work, take a spoon and put a little bit on a paper towel. Then take your fingertips and pat it on each side. Do that in the morning and evening and it will keep it dryer in that area. I did that for Rain after I got her and it helped her a lot. I washed in just that area twice a day too.......So glad to see that Hunter had that bath...I just had to tease you!!! He is a little LOVE!!!!:wub:
Thanks Dianne - I will pick some up next time I am at the grocery store. It seems Hunter's face and I will be spending a lot of time together:HistericalSmiley:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts