Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
Paulann & Abella
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Taking care of neighbors chickens while they are on vacation.
Lots of fresh eggs! I have hard boiled some, scrambled some, made quiche, deviled some and made french toast.
Any other ideas of what else I can do with them? No I don't want to have a neighborhood Easter egg hunt! LOL!

IMG_4061.jpg
IMG_4062.jpg

·
Premium Member
5,751 Posts
Wow.,.thats alot of eggs!!
Since I dont cook, i would probably research hair mask, face and body mask made from eggs 🤷🏻‍♀️
Chickens have become all the rage around here. Definitely not a trend I will be following but I hope you enjoy every bit of babysitting your neighbors chickens, my sweet friend.

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
How about making some egg bites?
You could make a few different kinds and freeze them. Easy to pop into the microwave for a quick breakfast or snack.
Have fun with the chickens!

·
Premium Member
Paulann & Abella
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
How about making some egg bites?
You could make a few different kinds and freeze them. Easy to pop into the microwave for a quick breakfast or snack.
Have fun with the chickens!
Kathleen,
What are egg bites? I have never heard of them. They sound so convenient and nutritious - please share how you make them with me.
🐶 🐾🌷

·
Premium Member
Paulann & Abella
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow.,.thats alot of eggs!!
Since I dont cook, i would probably research hair mask, face and body mask made from eggs 🤷🏻‍♀️
Chickens have become all the rage around here. Definitely not a trend I will be following but I hope you enjoy every bit of babysitting your neighbors chickens, my sweet friend.
Joanne,
You open up an entire new thought pattern for me. Now I'm wondering if I can make hair products for Abella with the eggs. What do you think?

Chickens are a lot of work to care for - we have a lot of coyotes, raccoons, bob cats, possums that would love to get a hold of them. I'm thinking the only way I would consider having any myself would be if they could roam free - fertilizing my garden as they wander. Glad this commitment has an end in site!
🐶🐾🌷

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
They are like mini quiches that you make in muffin tins. You can add whatever vegetables and cheese that you like for a variety. Some people also add bacon or ham.
Here is a recipe:
Starbucks serves them, so there are also a lot of recipes online trying to duplicate their recipes too.
They are surprisingly good reheated.
A good way to use and freeze a lot of eggs!

·
Premium Member
520 Posts
Taking care of neighbors chickens while they are on vacation.
Lots of fresh eggs! I have hard boiled some, scrambled some, made quiche, deviled some and made french toast.
Any other ideas of what else I can do with them? No I don't want to have a neighborhood Easter egg hunt! LOL!

View attachment 275475 View attachment 275476
Did a search for extra eggs and backyardchickenproject.com supposedly has 200 recipes. :)
Lainie

1 - 7 of 7 Posts