Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was talking to a friend at work today and she told me she feeds her dog one of these natural organic cubes as a treat. I checked out the website and I have seen this food at my local grocery store in a freezer. Expensive but good. What do you think? She says she buys the Blueberry/banana cubes. The website is: Sweetpea Baby Food - Frozen Baby Food & Organic Snacks

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
Those would be excellent to feed as a treat. The ingredients are literally just the fruit itself plus water added. For a cheaper alternative, why don't you make your own? Just throw some fruit in a blender with a bit of water, blend, then pour into ice-cube trays and freeze. :)

·
Registered
3,860 Posts
I've used the meat baby food for a super treat. :) In all the classes I've been to I have only seen one dog not go insane over baby food!

·
Premium Member
949 Posts
I've used the meat baby food for a super treat. :) In all the classes I've been to I have only seen one dog not go insane over baby food!
I always keep the meat sticks on hand. My girls would do ANYTHING for one of them!!

·
Premium Member
24,019 Posts
While we're on the subject, another little freezing tip I have is if you have some chicken broth either prepackaged or that you've made that is safe for our fluffs, left over, pour it into an ice cube tray and freeze and then put in a baggie. Sometimes when Tyler gets tired of his food, I just defrost one and pour part of it over his food and he's wild for it.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Dora gets part of a baby food chicken stick after a blow-dry. I would use them as training treats but they're kind of gross to tear into small pieces! :)

Snowbody, my mom used to pour a little chicken broth over our dogs food when he didn't want his diet doggy food. :D

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
I always keep the meat sticks on hand. My girls would do ANYTHING for one of them!!
Is this like something that is in with baby food at the grocery? I've never had kids, so I'm not sure about these products.

HUGz! Jules

·
Registered
552 Posts
Is this like something that is in with baby food at the grocery? I've never had kids, so I'm not sure about these products.

HUGz! Jules
I use Gerber Graduates "Lil Sticks" chicken sticks. :) My college roomate used to eat them right from the jar, which is how I thought to feed them to Dora! :HistericalSmiley:They are in the baby food section.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
I use Gerber Graduates "Lil Sticks" chicken sticks. :) My college roomate used to eat them right from the jar, which is how I thought to feed them to Dora! :HistericalSmiley:They are in the baby food section.
Okay, I found them. They are in a little glass jar, and look more like little vienna sausages than what I imagined they'd look like. Guess well see if Poppy likes vienna sausages. :HistericalSmiley:

HUGz! Jules

1 - 12 of 12 Posts