Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
as a person from Indiana (one of the ONLY states that doesn't observe DST)....I cringe when I hear the DST word. We are getting close to a bill that would make us observe it in our state and it makes me sad. I like things the way they are!

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
The thing I dislike about DST is that you lose the sense of changing seasons. You start waking up earlier (if you are light-sensitive like I am) in the Spring/Summer then DST kicks in and it's dark again at 6 am.

Plus the week or two it takes to adjust to Spring Forward and Fall Back is a pain not worth whatever benefit (I haven't figured that out yet) is gained.

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
Originally posted by FannyMay@Apr 7 2005, 09:29 AM
I don't understand how this will save in oil.  Can someone please explain how extending daylight savings time will save in energy costs?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=50082
[/QUOTE]
Basically with businesses open during "daylight" hours, they will require less energy. The most consumption of energy (electrical) comes around 4:00 pm to 9:00 pm. This wouldn't be the first time there was a nationwide DST switch. It was done during the energy crisis in the 1970's. Some of us who remember long gas lines and "no gas" signs, turning down our thermostats to 68(winter) and up to 78 (summer)...it seems like a good idea. Even if it saves 1,000 barrels of oil a day, it's worth it, in my opinion.

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
That's so weird to think about. I mean, that they can just decide to change what time it is
I would make it night time right now so I can drag my sick butt right back to bed
I hate having the flu

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by littlepeanut@Apr 7 2005, 10:58 AM
That's so weird to think about.  I mean, that they can just decide to change what time it is
I would make it night time right now so I can drag my sick butt right back to bed
  I hate having the flu

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=50131
[/QUOTE]
Awww, I hope u feel better!

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
Originally posted by Caesar's Mommie+Apr 7 2005, 12:10 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-littlepeanut
@Apr 7 2005, 10:58 AM
That's so weird to think about.  I mean, that they can just decide to change what time it is
  I hate having the flu

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=50131
Awww, I hope u feel better!

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=50137
[/B][/QUOTE]
Thanks!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts