Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, my little girl has discusting breath, this has only happened within the last week. Now, her new teeth are coming in but there is this thing in her last moler that I can't get out (can't keep her still enough). I don't know if that is what is causing it, but I meen it REALLY bad!!!! Also I started to give her "greenies" last week and her breath wasn't bad when she started (she loves them) eating them now it is a different story. Oh, I also checked her anal glands but thats not it either. HELP, will this go away?

·
Registered
939 Posts
When Tiki was a puppy we had the same thing happen twice It was a baby tooth that wouldn't come out. The first time the vet was able to pop the baby tooth out and clean the area. This he did for free. The second time Tiki had to be put under for a short time as the tooth was lodged in and couldn't easily be removed, this I had to pay for and it was quite expensive as Tiki was under for 15 minutes and then there is the recovdery and all. I also had to give him an antibiotic to prevent infection.

You do want to get into the vet ASAP though so an infection doesn't set in.

Good luck and keep us posted,
Judi

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Originally posted by TikisMom@May 19 2005, 08:47 AM
When Tiki was a puppy we had the same thing happen twice  It was a baby tooth that wouldn't come out.  The first time the vet was able to pop the baby tooth out and clean the area.  This he did for free. The second time Tiki had to be put under for a short time as the tooth was lodged in and couldn't easily be removed, this I had to pay for and it was quite expensive as Tiki was under for 15 minutes and then there is the recovdery and all.  I also had to give him an antibiotic to prevent infection.

You do want to get into the vet ASAP though so an infection doesn't set in.

Good luck and keep us posted,
Judi
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=63437
[/QUOTE]

I would also say call the vet!!! No need for an infection...Good luck.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Definitely get it checked out but when Vinny was teething he had the worst smelling breath, it was absolutely brutal. Once the baby teeth were pulled he smelled sweet again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts