Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

front porch pets

2K views 18 replies 6 participants last post by  doctorcathy 
#1 ·
i just ordered this. i found it in BARK magazine (if you dont have it, you should get it. its like a Vogue magazine for dogs).

www.frontporchpets.com

i noticed my dogs like sweet potato. and they say that it gives the dog the veggies portion they need (35% everyday). especially if you're doing a homecooked diet.

anyway, i ordered it, i'll tell you how they like it.

See less See more
#5 ·
yeah, i was thinking that too. i have a food dehydrator (eventhough its in storage).....and the dogs love apples and bananas and almost every other fruit. i wonder how sweet potato would be in a regular dehydrator...i wouldnt think it would turn like rawhide though, you know?

#7 ·
I have a food dehydrator and may give this a try. I think you have to blanch the sliced potatoes first and you wouldn't want to dry them untill crisp, just pliable. I wonder though if the orange in the potato would stain the white hair around the face and on the paws?

Judi

#14 ·
Ok, the stuff was delivered on friday. ellie and gruffi love it---sprite doesnt want to eat it. it isnt really like a bully stick or a rawhide...its easy to break. im thinking of buying the bigger stuff (I have the bischon fries). anyway, i hope you guys buy it for your babies to like. i gave some to my sister-in-law, their dog loves it too.

#17 ·
thats cool that they liked them. i bought the bischon fries and they liked it. then i bought the big chewz or whatever they're called. but only 6 pieces were in the bag!! gruffi ate them up. i think we finished all of them in 2-3 days.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.