Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering how much those of you who use Frontline Plus pay? The vet I went to last month talked me into getting it (which I am glad I got it). He charged me $150 for a 7 month supply!
I just found it on the internet today for $39.95 for a 6 month supply. I called the vet and they tried to tell me that Frontline has a policy that if your pet gets fleas or ticks while on their product they will cover the vet cost but only if you buy the product from a vet. I was like it is $110 dollar difference! I asked him if a 1 month application cost $110. :lol:

Then the guy tried to tell me that they do not give prescriptions for online products because "a lot of the time the product you get is not what you thought you order." Finally he said to keep my business (like I am going to stay with them) he would credit my CC the difference. He is also going to mail me their policy and some articles. <_< Oh, and he tried to tell me that you need a prescription for Frontline Plus. I found 4 or 5 websites that say it is a non-prescription medication!

Well I am going to be shopping around for a new vet!

·
Registered
831 Posts
I just called my vet he charges $79.75 for a 7mo supply (for 11-20lbs)
They didnt know the price for 0-10lbs. They were going to see if they carry that weight.
But at 1800petmeds.com for 11-20lbs/6mo supply is $69.99 + free shipping but it will take 5-7 days to arrive.

Lexi's mom where did you find it at $39.95? and for what weight was that?

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wait a second! I was told that the 11-22 pound packages are actually miss marked. I just went onto Frontline's website and it says that Frontline Plus comes in a 11-22 pound package. The vet told me it was supposed to be 1-22 pounds!

I found the 6 pack of 11-22 pound Frontline Plus on www.petshed.com. Shipping for 1 item is $5.00 and each item after that is $1.00.

Am I over medicating?

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just called and talked to someone at Frontline. Here is what she said:
1) Frontline was just approved for 0-22 pound dogs 8 weeks or older. They are just starting to print that on the boxes. So that means the boxes marked 11-22 pounds were printed before it was approved but are still okay for 0-22 pound dogs.
2) Frontline is NOT a prescription, but they only sell to vets. So if you see it on the internet they are not getting it from Frontline directly.
3) If your pet gets fleas or ticks while on Frontline they will reimburse you , refund or replace your Frontline if it is a Frontline product. If you got it off the internet keep your receipt and the frontline box.

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The more I look into this the less I am trusting this vet. Good thing I am not planning on going back. I have 3 different vets that people have recommended. I am going to call around and compare there prices on different things. My boss has been going to one vet for years and really like them.

I never imagined it would be this hard to find a vet. I wish my hometown was closer (its 3.5 hours away). The vet my parents take their dog (Oreo) to is awesome. Oreo got really sick about 3-4 years ago and the vet we had been seeing had no idea what was wrong. Oreo would not eat anything. After about 2 weeks (and $500) the vet told us we could either put her to sleep or they could do exploritory surgery (no idea what they were going to look for though). When we said that we were going for a second opinion she said she was very hurt. The second vet (who Oreo sees now) told us to feed her anything she would eat, didn't matter what it was, just to get her to eat. She thought Oreo might have a rare disease and put her on the meds until she got the test results back a coupleo of days later (Oreo would not have made it otherwise). Turns out she did not have the disease but for some reason the meds worked and within 10 days she was eating her dog food again. We never did find out what was wrong with her.

What was really cool is this vet was calling us every day during that 10 day period and once a week for a couple of weeks after words to check on Oreo! That is the type of vet I want to find!

·
Premium Member
4,916 Posts
I buy Frontline, or Frontline Plus (they still have both), from the local Farm Store for around $33. for 3 mo. supply. I like the plain Frontline better, it isn't so oily, icky on Frosty's hair. I have also bought it through a pet catalog for about the same. My vet also sells it for about a dollar more.

I've always wondered about the 11-22 lbs. thing on the Frontline Plus box. I have been leaving some liquid in the vial because I was afraid on overdosing.
Dee

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
www.petedge.com is a WONDERFUL sight. I get lots on there. They have reg. frontline 3 mo for 28.14 and plus for 30.48. I usually do about a 60.00 order when I order, and the shipping is around 8 dollars for the whole box of stuff. I get my wee wee pads there. 50 count for 13 something....lots of shampoos and stuff, petsilk...just about anything you need. I bought almost all my stuff for Brinkley on there. It is supposed to be wholesale prices, but you don't have to be a "seller" to buy from there...so you don't need a number or whatever.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts