Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I looked on www.PetRX.com and found the frontline plus, but it is described as being for dogs from 11-22 lbs. But on www.petmeds.com the same one is described as being for small dogs up to 22lbs. I'm confused. Is the Frontline going to be okay for Rock, who is 8lbs? Or should I get the Sentinel?

·
Registered
831 Posts
I know advantage has 1-10lbs and 11-20lbs.
I'm not sure about Frontline.

:D

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Hi Ashley - I know you from BeautyBuzz :D

The one I use per my vets recommendation is the orange box for dogs 11-22lbs. My vet said not to use the entire bottle and Chloe would be fine. She's had no problems with it. hth

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
I just got frontline plus for my boys today at their annual check-up. The vet was saying that Frontline changed to 1-22 pounds from 11-22 pounds, but their packages weren't updated yet. I'm not sure if she meant that it was a dosage/formula change or if Frontline just decided to include smaller weights. I should have paid more attention, but I totally trust the vet. I would double check if you are looking to order online just to be sure, I may be wrong

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Now that I think of it - my vet said they would be changing their packagaing to indicate the lower weight. She said I could use the entire dosage if I wanted, especially now that she weighs 7 lbs.

·
Registered
9,288 Posts
Frontline Plus labeled for 11-22 is safe for dogs up to 22 lbs just like regular Frontline. The company has not changed the box, but your vet should let you know that and they some with a sheet they can hand out to clients stating that.

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Last year when I got Frontline Plus I called the company to double check that it was ok for smaller dogs. They said it has been approved for 1-22lbs dogs. They have started to make packages with that on it but there are still old packages out there.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I just took Coco to the vet yesterday she gave me the frontline and heartguard free for the first month and told me to cut the heartguard in half and only use half of the frontline . Then use the other half next month. I thought that was pretty cool.

·
Registered
3,010 Posts
My vet won't let me use the Frontline Plus on Abbey. She is 5 months old and 2.8 lbs. She put Abbey on Revolution. I'm not sure if I like it though. Abbey has had 2 ticks on her this spring. They have only been on her hair not her skin. I'm not sure if Frontline would completely keep them off or not. Hopefully when she gets bigger I'll try the Frontline Plus.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts