Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday at the vet I also asked about the Frontline Spray. The vet said it was just as effective as the regular Frontline Plus but it is a lot cheaper. The key is to make sure you spray enough. He told me to do 1-2 full spray per pound. So Lexi is 8.5 lbs (OMG!) I need to do 8-16 sprays.

The 250ml bottle was $31. Heck of a lot cheaper then the Frontline Plus.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Originally posted by Lexi's Mom@Mar 10 2005, 03:04 PM
Yesterday at the vet I also asked about the Frontline Spray.  The vet said it was just as effective as the regular Frontline Plus but it is a lot cheaper.  The key is to make sure you spray enough.  He told me to do 1-2 full spray per pound.  So Lexi is 8.5 lbs (OMG!) I need to do 8-16 sprays.

The 250ml bottle was $31.  Heck of a lot cheaper then the Frontline Plus.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=41883
[/QUOTE]

Do you have to reapply after bathing?
Is it ok for cats too? They would lick it?!

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
I have used Frontline spray for years on Lady and my 2 cats. As your vet said, it's just as effective as the topical in the applicator, but a lot cheaper. (I think you are paying big bucks for the lttle applicator). In fact, I had to throw out my last bottle because the expiration date had expired before I used it all up!

I only need to reapply it every 3 months because ticks aren't a problem here. It lasts for the full 3 months and Lady is bathed weekly.

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
my vet doesnt carry it b/c of how much u have to spray on. clients didnt like to use it because it took a lot of sprays for a large dog. but i have read that it si more effective then frontline spot on. interesting

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
It's definately not practical for a large dog, but it's great for Maltese and cats. Much cheaper! Which is why I suspect most vets don't carry it heartworm prevention & flea products are a big source of revenue for them.

I used to have to order the spray directly from the company, but I have noticed this year it is in most of the larger pet catalogues. Even PetEdge carries it now, I think. I order it from http://revivalanimal.com/category.asp?c=100&bhcd2=1110571397 along with Lady's 3V caps and CET chews. They are the cheapest I have found and their delivery is super fast.

I had never heard it was more effective than the spot on, Lady M. That's good to know.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts