Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Chanel goes crazy over frozen green beans. She loves them as treats. Any other vegetarians out there?

~Elegant

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Brinkley will spit the green beans out! He hates them!
BUT, in his canned Chicken Soup food, there are carrots, potatoes, and green peas...he does eat those! He loves his canned food!

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Originally posted by DMZ dogs@Feb 26 2005, 06:40 AM
I changed over from a carnivore to a vegan a few weeks ago.  Noodle is going vegan as well.  He's crazy about tofu.  Cookie has to eat commerical kibble for now.  It's a "runs" issue.

I've been spending like mad lately on vegan and vegetarian cookbooks, and on vegan products.  Have to order everything online and have it shipped internationally--it's really quite pricey that way.  Do you know of any cheap websites?  I ordered from Vegan Essentials twice and Pangea once.  Still havent' gotten the Pangea stuff yet.  What with shipping.....yikes.  But, I love that I have the OPTION...so many places simply won't mess with international shipping.

I've never see frozen green beans here.  Or green beans, for that matter.  But, I'm sure that Noodle would love them.  And Cookie would hate them.  

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=37931
[/QUOTE]

Is it OK for a dog to be vegan? And I had always heard that soy was not good for dogs... possible allergan ?? I have not eaten meat, chicken, etc. since 1973 but I always have given my dogs a meat-based diet because I have always heard that it is best for them. I'm sure you did not make this change without some research but just wanted to bring it up.....

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
The boys will not eat green beans unless they are cooked,then they love them!They do love raw carrotts,caul,sm.amts.of brocc. ,oh and peas.

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
I've read on various sites and on marc marrone--that dogs CAN be vegan....but its really bad for cats. it still freaks me out though because meat has soo many amino acids and protein and stuff...so i'd never try it on the dogs.

and for the green beans--i havent tried giving it to them frozen...but SPRITE (who is REALLY picky) loves gerber green beans.

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
Kodie is a veggie guy since he cant have too much protein because of his MVD. He gets brocolli, string beans, carrots (sometimes they dont digest too well though)

·
Registered
522 Posts
Izzy loves frozen green beans right out of the freezer. I hold it between my hands to take some of the ice off and then toss it to her. She grabs it and runs to hide so she can nibble on it in peae.

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I don't boil them. One day when Chanel was teething, I figured I ought to give her something cold to chew on. So I gave her a frozen string bean and she loved it. When she sees me going to the freezer, she goes crazy! She likes them thawed too...but there's something about the frozen ones! :D

~Elegant

·
Registered
4,352 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
Originally posted by Kallie/Catcher's Mom+Feb 26 2005, 05:41 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-DMZ dogs
@Feb 26 2005, 06:40 AM
I changed over from a carnivore to a vegan a few weeks ago.  Noodle is going vegan as well.  He's crazy about tofu.  Cookie has to eat commerical kibble for now.  It's a "runs" issue.

I've been spending like mad lately on vegan and vegetarian cookbooks, and on vegan products.  Have to order everything online and have it shipped internationally--it's really quite pricey that way.  Do you know of any cheap websites?  I ordered from Vegan Essentials twice and Pangea once.  Still havent' gotten the Pangea stuff yet.  What with shipping.....yikes.  But, I love that I have the OPTION...so many places simply won't mess with international shipping.

I've never see frozen green beans here.  Or green beans, for that matter.  But, I'm sure that Noodle would love them.  And Cookie would hate them.  

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=37931
Is it OK for a dog to be vegan? And I had always heard that soy was not good for dogs... possible allergan ?? I have not eaten meat, chicken, etc. since 1973 but I always have given my dogs a meat-based diet because I have always heard that it is best for them. I'm sure you did not make this change without some research but just wanted to bring it up.....

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=37934
[/B][/QUOTE]
Dogs can eat soy, but not malteses. It gives them the red eyes. So does coloring. My siggy says it all!

·
Registered
514 Posts
Tyler loves grapes with seeds in them! He chews the grape softly for a while, then chews it up and swallows everything. That's okay right?

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
Originally posted by Cappy@Feb 28 2005, 12:17 AM
Tyler loves grapes with seeds in them! He chews the grape softly for a while, then chews it up and swallows everything. That's okay right?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=38315
[/QUOTE]
Peanut used to love grapes too, but I printed a list on food and plants that are toxic to dogs and grapes is one of them. I'm so paranoid because Peanut is pretty small and only a little bit of something bad could hurt him.

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
All my dogs love green beans right out of the can. I get the ones with no salt added. Chloe, my 5 month old, goes absolutely crazy for them. I also added them to my sheltie's food to help her lose weight. She just came from the vet for her checkup and had lost 10 pounds in 13 months. She has so much energy now.
I will have to try them frozen. I have also heard that canned pumpkin is good. Has anyone tried it without getting an orange maltese!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts