Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
24,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought I'd share what I consider one of the best things about summer with everyone. I went to a "pick your own" farm in New Jersey over the weekend and picked peaches, nectarines, raspberries and corn. I also bought fresh tomatoes, zucchini, cantaloupe and watermelon at their stand. I just love the taste and colors of summer and they're all so yummy. I also sneaked in a picture of Tyler who wasn't allowed to accompany DH and I to the farms. No pets allowed. Ironic isn't it?:HistericalSmiley: Of course I wouldn't want him to be around rotting fruit that fell to the ground under trees.

Thanks for looking. Tasting is even better!

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Wow it takes me back to my childhood..I grew up
in Pennsylvania and we would always go to the
ther Jersey shore in the summer. On the way
home we would stop at the stands. Oh those
peaches look wonderful!!! I can just taste
them. Enjoy

·
Premium Member
13,418 Posts
YUM! it would be a treat to taste just picked peaches and nectarines. love the pics, esp. the second one...oh yeah, and the last one:wub:

·
Premium Member
10,186 Posts
Sue, those are beautiful pictures of luscious fruits and corn! I, too, love the colors and tastes of summer fruits. I love all kinds of fruit ... blueberries, watermelon, cantaloupe, honeydew, raspberries, strawberries, peaches ... you name it. My most favorite fruits of summer are the beautiful and very sweet white nectarines and Rainier and darker (the darker, the sweeter) Bing cherries.

When I was growing up, I was blessed to enjoy so many fruits and veggies that were homegrown out of our garden. I still think about all the red and black raspberries that I could pick right off of our bushes in our back yard ... for free! And, we had the biggest and sweetest strawberries. Now they cost a fortune.

And, the fresh corn and tomatoes are to die for. I grew up with them, too. When I moved to Washington D.C. ... I had wondered what was wrong with all of the tomatoes ... they had no taste at all.

So, I really appreciate your pictures, Sue. Enjoy all of your lovely fruits and veggies!

And, Tyler looks gorgeous as usual! Please give him some hugs and kisses from his Auntie Marie.

·
Premium Member
6,469 Posts
Whoa Tyler - I hope you have a GREAT time eating all those fresh fruits and veggies - I know those raspberries would be HIGHLY enjoyed in this house!!!

·
Premium Member
20,031 Posts
them. Enjoy
Hey, I just might live at the Jersey Shore that you visited.....was it LBI??
Long Beach Island??

Makes me want to drive a bit west to the farm land!!! yummmyyyy

·
Premium Member
24,175 Posts
I want some:happy dance: all of the fruit looks soooooo good. DH has been away for a week and I have been eating fast food:smtease::embarrassed: UGH
Tomorrow he comes home I'm getting some yummy fruit:chili: I hate to cook and when I'm alone I'm sooooooooo bad about eating right:innocent:

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
What time is dinner? If you do the corn and a fruit tart for dessert I'll bring the lobsters, steamers and lots of beer! :yahoo:

Gorgeous pictures, Sue!

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Long Beach Island??

Nope, we used to go to Beach Haven..I had an uncle that lived
on the Jersey shore too...had a fishing boat and everything,
for the life of me I can't remember which part. :blink:

·
Premium Member
24,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
WOW!!! Fabulous pics (esp. Tyler) and the goodies look delish!!!!!
Thanks Sher. I don't know what's been better, the smell or the taste of all the fruits. I made grilled balsamic peaches the other night and then put vanilla ice cream on them.. Mostly healthy, right? B)
them. Enjoy
Mary - for anyone who has kids it's the best thing in the world to go to "U Pick" farms. For them to see, pick and then taste real fruit and veggies makes them love them. And my DS still picked with me in his teens. My fave veggies are fresh English peas and sugar snaps.
I love them raw! I have to cover myself with a napkin eating the peaches - the juice just pours out.

YUM! it would be a treat to taste just picked peaches and nectarines. love the pics, esp. the second one...oh yeah, and the last one:wub:
WOW! Those are some great photos and yummy too!! I esp. love Tyler's photo - what a great smile he has!
Thanks. I just used my little Canon but got real close up. And of course thanks for the Tyler shout out.
Sue, those are beautiful pictures of luscious fruits and corn! I, too, love the colors and tastes of summer fruits. I love all kinds of fruit ... blueberries, watermelon, cantaloupe, honeydew, raspberries, strawberries, peaches ... you name it. My most favorite fruits of summer are the beautiful and very sweet white nectarines and Rainier and darker (the darker, the sweeter) Bing cherries.

When I was growing up, I was blessed to enjoy so many fruits and veggies that were homegrown out of our garden. I still think about all the red and black raspberries that I could pick right off of our bushes in our back yard ... for free! And, we had the biggest and sweetest strawberries. Now they cost a fortune.

And, the fresh corn and tomatoes are to die for. I grew up with them, too. When I moved to Washington D.C. ... I had wondered what was wrong with all of the tomatoes ... they had no taste at all.

So, I really appreciate your pictures, Sue. Enjoy all of your lovely fruits and veggies!

And, Tyler looks gorgeous as usual! Please give him some hugs and kisses from his Auntie Marie.
Marie happy you enjoyed the fruits and veggies vicariously. :HistericalSmiley: My mom's farm used to have all the fresh veggies and an orchard with apples and pears as well. There's nothing like it. We have farm markets all over NYC but the prices are insane. I can pick for about 1/3 of the price. Of course it costs us gas and tolls and it can be back breaking but it's such a great family outing and it doesn't get fresher.
Whoa Tyler - I hope you have a GREAT time eating all those fresh fruits and veggies - I know those raspberries would be HIGHLY enjoyed in this house!!!
Erin - my dear Tyler is the worst with trying new foods. I'm a little afraid of giving him peaches and nectarines since the pit is toxic to them. I tried him on cantaloupe (Dr. Becker book says it's really good) and blueberries but he isn't buying. :blink: Silly boy!
Long Beach Island??

Pat - the drive for you to farms is soooo much closer than our little treks! We've been down in New Egypt I think peach picking.:w00t:
I want some:happy dance: all of the fruit looks soooooo good. DH has been away for a week and I have been eating fast food:smtease::embarrassed: UGH
Tomorrow he comes home I'm getting some yummy fruit:chili: I hate to cook and when I'm alone I'm sooooooooo bad about eating right:innocent:
Oh Paula - step away from the fast food. :new_shocked: I really love to cook and bake and have yummy healthy foods for us. I think my mom was my influence and my family really appreciates it. Had great tomato, mozzarella and fresh basil tonite with dinner.
What time is dinner? If you do the corn and a fruit tart for dessert I'll bring the lobsters, steamers and lots of beer! :yahoo:

Gorgeous pictures, Sue!
Mary -- what time can you be here. My FAVORITE food in the whole world is lobster and steamers!! In fact DH and I sprung for two lobsters on sale really cheap the other night while my DS (allergic to shellfish) was out of town. Sooo delicious. So any time!!
Looks good! Enjoy!

We get good peaches and blueberries here in Georgia, but not raspberries.
Two out of three ain't bad. I also try to look for organic farms but there aren't that many here. I have more luck in VT.
It all looks sooo good!!!
Sallie - it all is soooo good:)

·
Registered
331 Posts
wow sue.. can you send some downtown?? t looks beautiful hes soo crystal white.

·
Premium Member
8,521 Posts
those peaches look yummy, i can almost smell and taste them through the screen. Love the picture of Tyler, he looks so handsome.:wub:

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Those look SO delicious. I am a huge fan of the vast majority of fruits. They're the best <3

·
Premium Member
11,148 Posts
OMG, the fruit & veggies look delicious.Makes me want to go pick something. Too hot here though,I'd roast for sure. Tyler looks delicious too.:wub: I mean adorable.:biggrin:

1 - 20 of 36 Posts