Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is a fun quiz that tests your ability to be a good observer. It is in a book I just read, The Trendmaster's Guide. It is in all caps, not because I'm screaming, but because that is the way the quiz is set up.

Here is the quiz: Carefully read the sentence below, and count the number of Fs in the sentence:

Some people have posted their answers

and they got it right and if you read what they put, it will sort of "give it away"...

so take the quiz here before reading any more posts below!

Then for more info, scroll down to my next post.

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Gosh, you all are good. According to the book only 15 percent of those who take it get it right! I think I'll edit and tell people not to read further before trying it. Here is more info about how it works:

From the author: "If you counted fewer than six (most count three), you probably missed the Fs in the ofs. To make a point about observation: You actually did see the six Fs, but you failed to count them. Since of is phonetically ov, the verbal left hemisphere, by taking the verbal clue, overrode the right 'seeing' hemisphere and forced the wrong conclusion. By the way, children who don't know how to read see six Fs every time!"

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
Originally posted by Kallie/Catcher's Mom@May 28 2005, 12:41 PM
Gosh, you all are good. According to the book only 15 percent of those who take it get it right! I think I'll edit and tell people not to read further before trying it.  Here is more info about how it works:

"If you counted fewer than six (most count three), you probably missed the Fs in the ofs. To make a point about observation: You actually did see the six Fs, but you failed to count them. Since of is phonetically ov, the verbal left hemisphere, by taking the verbal clue, overrode the right 'seeing' hemisphere and forced the wrong conclusion. By the way, children who don't know how to read see six Fs every time!"

Ha, I guess I was one of the other 85%! I totally missed the of's the first time I read through it. I learned a cool thing today

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
I got six, but I had seen something like that before, so I knew to be careful when looking!

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm wondering if it being on a screen makes a difference. If not, then the SM scores are much higher than the average!

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Originally posted by puppylucy@May 28 2005, 07:52 PM
hahahah im so stupid 
how on earth did i get only 5?! 
not 3, not 6... 5.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=66522
[/QUOTE]

Actually, 5 is excellent. Most people get 3. Read my post after the original one, which explains how your brain reads the sentence.....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts