Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My son is a graduate student in civil engineering. He is being paid to get his degree as he has a graduate assistanceship. These folks teach labs, lower level courses, and grade papers for professors. Today, he was telling me how much he enjoys grading papers and giving feedback. He also likes to catch the cheaters. He had two guys who turned in identical papers.
He held them up to the light and fitted one over the other. They had made identical copies from the computer. I thought his way of grading was good. He gave each boy 50%.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Wow! He is much nicer than me! If I catch my junior high kids cheating-they get an automatic zero! He was very generous with the 50%! I always tell them they can get kicked out of colleges and fired from jobs for cheating/being dishonest. I figure it is a good character lesson to teach them. Plus, when they have to explain that zero to their momma's...it usually does the trick.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
I would hate to catch cheaters if I were giving out test...unless they are related to the DEVIL! LOL

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Remember, my son just graduated last year, and he is no angel himself. He even said it was harder to pull things on the graduate students than the professors because they had probably done it themself.
When I was getting my doctorate, I taught entry level psychology courses. I gave a test once where I gave out the same answer sheet, but alternated the test booklets. I had a lot of failures.
One of the worst ones was my dean's (boss) son.

Thank goodness, he must have been too embarassed to mention it to me. His son dropped out of my class, and I was glad.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
HA HA! My nephew tries to pull tricks on me, but I'm like "yeah, right! You cant fool me, I was just like you when I was your age!" LOL

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
In college, I was a teaching assistant for a science class taught to non-science majors. Both the answers some students turned in and the cheating were pretty shocking. I would hope no one is cheating in med school as someone's life may depend on it one day, but you never know...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts