Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Baby Sven Monroe was born today f i n a l l y! 8lbs 4 oz. Mom & baby healthy & exhausted! :wub::wub::wub:

·
Premium Member
24,006 Posts
I'm so thrilled for Lina, Jason, you and Dwight. :chili::chili: So he certainly got the Swedish name. Now you have the old Swede and the young one!! I'm so happy that the baby and his mom are healthy and I know she's happy to finally give that boy the boot. :) Boy this sure was a waiting game!! Sorry we didn't get to get together this go around but hopefully next time. :wub:

·
Registered
5,757 Posts
Congratulations!!!!!!!!!! Happy everything went well. Enjoy lots of snuggle time. There is nothing better in the world than holding a newborn baby

·
Super Moderator
9,597 Posts
Congrats - I am so glad everything went so well. How long do they stay in the hospital?

·
Premium Member
17,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you ALL!!

DD had a stress test Thurs that showed an issue w/Sven so she had to go back Fri. was admitted & has been there since--along w/the dad. We have not seen the baby yet---hopefully tomorrow! Both sets of g-parents are here---we are sharing an airb&b in Sunderland---enjoying each other's company, working through a "honey do list" they left for us & waiting, waiting, waiting.
Sue & I wanted to meet up but that baby just would not cooperate! Nevermind, we will be back!

·
Premium Member
17,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you Patricia & Luna! I am holding you close in my heart!

·
Premium Member
17,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
We are going to meet him this aft! She won't be released today---still not sure why as details have been sketchy. We saw a photo of her w/baby (both were very red in the face) & one w/Dad, which looked more normal. Dad said Mom was exhausted but not much other news. We have been careful to allow them time to bond & not ask so many questions.

·
Premium Member
17,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It was a hard labor---actually from Fri. mid morning until Sun. mid-day! They were monitoring babys heart the entire time off & on so she had to stay in hospital. She was exhausted by the time baby came, but everyone is still at hospital & recovering. All is well. We met baby yesterday & had some good bonding time together & are hopeful she may be able to come home today. They live on 3 levels so she will need some help---glad we are still here for another week w/his parents.

·
Premium Member
10,171 Posts
It was a hard labor---actually from Fri. mid morning until Sun. mid-day! They were monitoring babys heart the entire time off & on so she had to stay in hospital. She was exhausted by the time baby came, but everyone is still at hospital & recovering. All is well. We met baby yesterday & had some good bonding time together & are hopeful she may be able to come home today. They live on 3 levels so she will need some help---glad we are still here for another week w/his parents.
Sandi, first of all, congratulations to Lina, Jason, and you and Dwight.! I am so happy that you and Dwight can be there with your new grandson, Sven and family.

Wow ... no wonder Lina is exhausted. It's good to know she and the baby are in the hospital a little longer
to help with recovery.

And, that you are there to help when Lina and the baby come home.

I am sitting here, once again, wondering how you have the energy to do so much! I don't think I know anyone else who travels so much ... and, yet packs so much into every trip! You are amazing!

I cannot wait to see pictures of you with your precious new grandson, Sven. :wub:

·
Premium Member
17,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thank you sweet Marie---I am "forbidden" for the moment to post pictures.:HistericalSmiley::HistericalSmiley: Mom & Dad want to post first & I respect that. It seems w/g-children I am always asking permission & waiting. He has Lina's hair color from when she was born---strawberry blond, is presently a cone-head from the birth trauma & is a big baby at 8.4 birth now down to more like 8.
They are coming home this aft so I need to fly for now as I am making dinner & watching him while they rest this aft.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts