Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
Yea, they were saying in Boston it may get up to $2.50. Of course I have 2 gas guzzling Jeeps. Maybe it's time for a trade in on one of the suv's. Maybe a little convertable?!?!

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just got gas at lunch and they said it went up $0.11 yesterday (its at $1.89 now) and the guy wasn't sure if it was going up again.

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
Boy am I glad I filled up on Wednesday. I paid $1.71 for full serve. In NJ, there is no self serve...it's one of the best things about this state! I saw today, the same station had upped the price to $1.79.

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
i think its around 1.89 here, i really never pay attention, its one of those things you have to have no matter the cost

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Originally posted by saltymalty@Mar 4 2005, 07:59 PM
Boy am I glad I filled up on Wednesday.  I paid $1.71 for full serve.  In NJ, there is no self serve...it's one of the best things about this state!  I saw today, the same station had upped the price to $1.79.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=40073
[/QUOTE]

That's not so bad...we had some of the lowest we had seen earlier this week..I think it was down to 1.71- I failed to fill up!
Today it is 1.92 at the cheap stations. That is for the lowest grade-self serve. That is outrageous for our little rural area! I hope they go back down soon. It is ridiculous...

·
Registered
942 Posts
Okay, I am furious. In So Cal it is $2.35 for the cheap stuff today, and $2.55 for premium. And ARCO oil refinery is about 15 miles away from where I live. I'm pissed right now....again. I remember having this conversation a long time ago...

~Elegant

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
It won't change MUCH until people become more proactive about it. If lots of people parked their cars or sold their SUV's etc...maybe someone would get the hint that we don't like it...but America keeps on driving. We HAVE to get to work...but most are going to take their trips and vacations regardless of the gas prices. As long as we pay the high prices, why should they ever go back down to "normal"? I know there are lots of OTHER reasons why they spike occasionally...but since they have been over 1.50 and we carried on as normal, I don't think they will ever go back down too far. -_-

·
Registered
942 Posts
Originally posted by tlunn@Mar 5 2005, 05:15 AM
It won't change MUCH until people become more proactive about it. If lots of people parked their cars or sold their SUV's etc...maybe someone would get the hint that we don't like it...but America keeps on driving. We HAVE to get to work...but most are going to take their trips and vacations regardless of the gas prices. As long as we pay the high prices, why should they ever go back down to "normal"? I know there are lots of OTHER reasons why they spike occasionally...but since they have been over 1.50 and we carried on as normal, I don't think they will ever go back down too far. -_-
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=40164
[/QUOTE]
I agree...they are never going to go down. How much was the price of gas 5 years ago? I was looking into getting an SUV because I have 3 dogs, and putting a rottweiler into a Porsche is a difficult task, along with a beagle. I am looking into getting something hybid or something. Heard the Ford Escape was going to be hybrid next year. I don't know what to do.

I don't know what to do about the gas situation either. I don't understand how I can get all of the pollution from a refinery that is 15 miles away, but people in middle america pay way cheaper for the gas...while I am sucking in the fumes from the refinery! Actually, there is another refinery, I believe Shell of Mobil, and they are about 20 miles away from me.

I mean, I feel for everyone that has to pay an increase in gas prices, but, I can't believe some of you are paying below $2.00 for gas while we haven't been below that in QUITE some time! Ugh.

What can we do?

~Elegant

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Originally posted by Elegant+Mar 5 2005, 11:24 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-tlunn
@Mar 5 2005, 05:15 AM
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=40164
I agree...they are never going to go down. How much was the price of gas 5 years ago? I was looking into getting an SUV because I have 3 dogs, and putting a rottweiler into a Porsche is a difficult task, along with a beagle. I am looking into getting something hybid or something. Heard the Ford Escape was going to be hybrid next year. I don't know what to do.

I don't know what to do about the gas situation either. I don't understand how I can get all of the pollution from a refinery that is 15 miles away, but people in middle america pay way cheaper for the gas...while I am sucking in the fumes from the refinery! Actually, there is another refinery, I believe Shell of Mobil, and they are about 20 miles away from me.

I mean, I feel for everyone that has to pay an increase in gas prices, but, I can't believe some of you are paying below $2.00 for gas while we haven't been below that in QUITE some time! Ugh.

What can we do?

~Elegant
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=40184
[/B][/QUOTE]

Your all around cost of living is WAY higher than ours too!!!! Ya gotta keep that in mind...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts