Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I originally posted this in the Rescue section and it was suggested to add it to this section also. I wanted to say that I will be using 13 pictures and have 7 already in the quilt. I have a spot reserved for Hope and one of Deb's pups (I have a picture of Daisy so far) BUT on the pictures below you can see that the boxes have bands around them I want to put names of rescue pups, fosters and rescue forever home names (first name only). Then I was thinking what to do when I get a ton of names and have decided that when I do the quilting I will quilt with all the names into the quilt design. Everything is done by hand. I have a machine but do everything in the living room while watching TV.

Thanks everyone for sending me information, pictures and names.

And actually after looking at the pictures I want to explain that I have the pieces pined to material hanging on the wall so I can see how they will look together. This is just one step in the process. And gees now this has turned into a long post (sorry)

Repost is below

I am working on a quilt to honor our rescue pups and the wonderful people that have welcomed them in to their family for the next AMA show in TX.

I need 13 pictues of pups. I have some but would like to get more to pick from. Edie has sent me some and Deb has promised to send me some ( any time Deb, please) and I can take some from the rescue list here.

I also need the first name of the people who have rescued them. I know there are a handful of people here on SM that have rescued pups and would love to use their names but i don't want to leave anyone out. Can everyone/anyone please help me with the list? Please respond here or PM me.

Thanks everyone!

Here are some pictures on the progress and my helper.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,722 Posts
Cindy, I can supply you with more then 13 dogs and the names of the people that foster them. Since this quilt is going to be auctioned at the 2011 Texas AMA Specialty show, its just my feeling that the rescues should be AMA rescues. If you prefer to add the other rescues and then maybe auction it off on SM, then that would make sense.
Just let me know what your thoughts are on this and I will send whatever you need, if you want more kids and names. Hugs,Edie

·
Premium Member
2,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Edie,
We will keep this one going for the AMA rescues only BUT..... you have now given me some ideas for the future.:eek2_gelb2:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts