Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Someone in youtube told me that I should get myself real dogs because Snowy & Crystal are obviously not real to her!

The annoying part is that it is NOT the first time I receive a comment that is similar to this in regard to my maltese pups, but this last message from that person really got into me! That person knows NOTHING about this amazing breed!!! I know that my pups are small in size comparing to many other breeds, but heck, that doesn't make them less of a dog to any other out there!

From the similar messages that I receive every once in a while about my dogs, I came to realize that, sadly, some people see that maltese dogs and stuffed animals are the exact same :(

To me, they are PERFECT! They are capable of doing a lot. They got the brain AND the super adorable look (if I say so, myself); all wrapped in one package. Oh and regarding the small size, actually I see that as an advantage to the breed because it means that they come as a traveling package TOO :rolleyes:

Just some of the many things that my pups do

Posing for the camera? a piece of cake with a smile to add the icing on top of it

what do these people actually know about this wonderful breed ??? .... just reading these weird messages from these type of people tells me that they simply don't know anything about the breed :thmbdn:

sorry, but I had to vent and leave a message about what a great breed I think a maltese is!

Thanks for reading!

Kat

·
Registered
598 Posts
Kat, people can be so annoying.:angry:
Why do they feel the need to leave a message when it's negative? We all know we have "real" dogs- just tiny ones!!! I'll bet your dogs can do far more than the nasty poster's dog can!!

·
Registered
7,915 Posts
Oh sweet Kat, you are so right, the Maltese is an incredible breed. I have to tell you, I bet you 10 to 1, it has nothing to do with your babies, but those who post such comments, carry some ugliness in their heart, and it's just who they are, sadly. They probably spread their ugliness around in other areas as well. Don't be upset at all, feel sad for them, that they are unable to see the beauty and they are that unhappy. Love you Kat.

·
Premium Member
20,073 Posts
Some people can be so ignorant. We need to come up with just the right reply you can give them.......:angry:. To make them look like the "mean spirited" and "closed minded" people that they are...

oh and editing this to say that they are most likely jealous of the love between you and your malts.

·
Registered
6,246 Posts
Years ago, Some jerk yelled "Get a real dog!" from a passing car, as I walked my Bichon puppy. People can be so nasty. That's why I prefer dogs!

·
Premium Member
6,092 Posts
Hey Kat-just chalk it up to ignorance! To be honest though, I do find Maltese not to be as "dog-like" as other dogs which I love. (i.e. they don't stink, drool, shed, etc) The next time someone says that about our sweet Snowy and Crystal say, "Thanks, isn't it wonderful?!":HistericalSmiley:I just love your pics of Snowy and Crystal. We know how amazing they are!!

·
Registered
3,567 Posts
Kat, I really know that feeling and have heard remarks like you told about very often!

Don't worry about people who say or write things like that!

I can remember one of our neighbour's who said to me that Ullana would look sweet but wouldn't be a real dog to her!
Well, I asked her why but she couldn't explain it to me!

People can be annyoing sometimes!

Alexandra :wub:

·
Premium Member
2,388 Posts
I think my DH was one of those people but now that Lilly has imbedded in his heart he is thinking differently.

·
Registered
563 Posts
people thrive on DRAMA, you have just ran into a few of those idiots!!
sorry Snowy and Crystal are amazing, Kruze and the others are amazing too
people would find it hard to find a "dog" more lovable than a Maltese!!

·
Registered
5,653 Posts
he that hasnt had a maltese will always have a void ... screw her ignorance .. with that been said i looove those pics , i love ur siggy and i think ur fluffs are gorgeous gorgeous ...

·
Premium Member
20,073 Posts
Hey Kat-just chalk it up to ignorance! To be honest though, I do find Maltese not to be as "dog-like" as other dogs which I love. (i.e. they don't stink, drool, shed, etc) The next time someone says that about our sweet Snowy and Crystal say, "Thanks, isn't it wonderful?!":HistericalSmiley:I just love your pics of Snowy and Crystal. We know how amazing they are!!
Perfect!!!:thumbsup::aktion033:

·
Registered
552 Posts
Oh for pete's sake! Dora might be tiny but she still...

barks when someone comes to the door,
fetches a ball,
runs after rabbits in the yard,
knows basic commands,
does tricks,
smells if she hasn't had a bath in a while,
has doggy breath,
and chews on shoes.

How is that not a "real dog"? Some people just aren't man (or woman) enough to accept that a CUTE dog can be a "real" dog too! :smilie_tischkante:

·
Premium Member
1,280 Posts
:thumbsup: Kat THANKS for posting this vent! I may use your GREAT pictures and story to educate someone if they FUSS over small breeds. I have always loved your precious pictures and stories of your Snowy and Crystal.. Keep them coming please.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
ugh Kat, im sooo sorry that some (idiot!) has said this. Some people are just so rude!! I once had a ''whats the point in THAT??'' - While pointing to bella! these people are just not worth it and havent a clue what they are missing! If you ask me they should get themselves a REAL life instead of wasting their time posting such rubbish! xxx

·
Registered
10,743 Posts
People tell us that all the time too,mostly guys who have a "complex". If some tells Al that he tells them he does have a real dog,5 wonderful dogs he'd never trade for anything.

He preferes little dogs,easier to bring places and you can have more than one easier than you can larger ones,easier to cuddle too.

·
Premium Member
24,028 Posts
I think some people do that just to rile someone up. Probably have very low self esteem themselves so pick on people, people's pets, kids. Anything they can think they feel superior to. That's the problem on the internet -- it gets (and takes) all kinds and when things like that come along the best thing is to ignore it. I don't even think it's a breed thing. They'd say it about a Chi, a cavalier, probably any dog that doesn't look like a big, tough backyard dog.
I agree that it's usually a guy thing. They try to affirm their masculinity and braun (not brain) with big dogs -- any man who loves a small fluff is THE most attractive to me, showing the love and compassion they have in their hearts. Now that's sexy:)
And I LOVE your new siggie with Crystal and Snowy doing everything. :wub::wub:

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
They're right! They're not dogs, they're our babies and part of our families!

btw... I would've told them to get a real brain...

1 - 20 of 41 Posts