Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And I'm sort of freaking out about being away from Bernie for 10 days. I know she'll be okay because my best friend has taken her overnight a few times before and my best friend is her favorite auntie but still... I can remember a time or two where we watched my other friend's malt, Amelie while he was away on business and when he got back she wouldn't come to him and hid under our bed or in our laps at first. I think it broke his heart a little. Granted he was often gone for up to three weeks but I can't help but worry about what this first extended time away will be like for my pup and for me.
:crying:

·
Premium Member
10,319 Posts
Sometimes animals will ignore you when you come back, but it doesn't take long until they are happy again. My CeeCee does that and sometimes it breaks my heart but I think she is the most sensitive and she wants Mommy to know, it isn't nice to go off and leave me. LOL!!! Go and have a good time and just call often to check on how she is doing!! Have fun!!!!:chili:

·
Premium Member
24,019 Posts
Jessica - enjoy yourself in Maui. We left Tyler for a week to go to Paris in April and he was fine when we got back. A drop of a cold shoulder at first but it didn't last long at all. No one grooms them like we do but it was a small price to pay since Tyler had a lot of fun with his temporary mom and her Maltese. Have a great time.

·
Premium Member
2,210 Posts
How nice to have your best friend take care of Bernie. They know each other, and Bernie will be alright. Try not to worry and just have fun! The 10 days will fly by! Please, share pics when you get back. :)

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Oh how funny I'm getting ready to leave Hawaii (Oahu) to take
a trip to Arizona. For the first time I had to hire a pet sitter:w00t:.
She came over today for the second time, I have to say I really
feel comfortable with her and the fluffs love her:aktion033:. However
it is always hard to leave them, I will miss them so much:huh:. I
hope you enjoy your trip, Bernie will be fine.:wub:

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
Jessica, I was nervous about leaving Rocky for 9 days in April. He was home with my husband. When I got back he didn't give me the greeting I was expecting...I've gone on an errand for a half hour and got much bigger greetings. But soon after he was Mama's boy again. Don't worry and have a GREAT time in Maui...and if you don't want to go, we'll go in your place!:thumbsup::HistericalSmiley:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts