Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
11,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I really hope I'm not boring you all with my little Callie updates. But I was really concerned about bringing in a little girl that would do well at the store as well as with my Zoe. I could actually just sit here and tear up things are going so well. Here at the store, I can't leave Jett alone, gated behind the counter if I'm helping another customer because of his separation anxiety. Today I was at the front of the store helping someone and G'ma was at the back of the store helping someone. And not a peep from my little Jett! He and Callie were both sitting at the gate quietly watching all the activity. WooHoo!! I was hoping having Callie here would help with Jett being behind the gate without me. But I really was not expecting it.

And Callie LOVES getting dressed! She gets soooo excited when I pull out an outfit for her to put on. And she's good about leaving all the little hair bobs I put in her short little hair head. She's such a girlie girl.:wub: In the bed here at the store, she poses so nicely in it. And she LOVES to sit at the foot of my bed and look at herself in my floor mirror. She just stares at herself and poses. She plays with the position of her tail, then wags it. Then she plays with the position of her paws. It's the cutest thing I've ever seen!

·
Registered
13,404 Posts
That's wonderful, Crystal! I'm so glad Jett is benefiting from a new member added as well as Callie reaping all the love. NOW...how about a new siggy? You take the best pics so get to it!!!

·
Premium Member
10,319 Posts
Oh Crystal, that is the sweetest post......love the fact that Callie loves to be with Jett at the store. I can just see her at the foot of the bed making poses for the mirror....Cuteness abounds!!! I know how long you have been looking and what thought you have put into it and now it is working out for you completely!!!!:wub:

·
Premium Member
17,343 Posts
Crystal -- this sounds wonderful. I know that you've been thinking about adding another girl for a while, but, like the rest of us that think about adding another fluff, you had some legitimate concerns.

I'm so glad that everything is working out sooooooooooooo well. Zoe is able to be Zoe -- still visit Grandma and Grandpa and be SPECIAL, but she will tolerate (and probably eventually love) Callie.

Jett is happy having another fluff as company at the store, and you have your little girlie model.

Sounds perfect to me. And I'm sure that it will just continue to get better and better.

·
Registered
17,045 Posts
Crystal I am just bursting with joy reading your sweet post. Callie sounds like just the right match and is fitting right in. I had to LOL at the thought of Callie posing in front of the mirror. She sounds like a real girlie girl.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
That's wonderful, Crystal! I'm so glad Jett is benefiting from a new member added as well as Callie reaping all the love. NOW...how about a new siggy? You take the best pics so get to it!!!
Haha, exactly what I was thinking!

I'm glad Callie, Jett, and Zoe are getting along so well! She seems like and Angel. :wub:

·
Premium Member
17,343 Posts
Didn't you tell Callie that she was going to be model when you brought her home? She sounds very intelligent to me. Just want to make certain that she's looking her best when doing her JOB. LOL

·
Premium Member
20,083 Posts
well, Crystal.....you told the breeder this is the personality you were looking for. :wub::wub::wub: are we witnessing a miracle here???? You got exactly what you were hoping for???? I, for one, am so happy for you, I almost can't stand it. :thumbsup:

This is what everyone looking for a dog should do....and you are our poster child....:D

·
Registered
11,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
well, Crystal.....you told the breeder this is the personality you were looking for. :wub::wub::wub: are we witnessing a miracle here???? You got exactly what you were hoping for???? I, for one, am so happy for you, I almost can't stand it. :thumbsup:

This is what everyone looking for a dog should do....and you are our poster child....:D
Oh thank you Pat! I truly think people don't realize what kind of stress adding a new furry family member puts on the existing furry family members and I believe with all my heart you have to really evaluate what type of temperament is needed with your existing fluffs.

It's not all rose petals, don't get me wrong. In fact just now I made the horrible mistake of bringing my dinner to my desk where my computer is to check my email. And of course my desk is different then my kitchen table so Zoe and Jett are not being the well mannered little angels they are supposed to be at the dinner table. I need to work on that. :brownbag: And Callie got too close to Zoe and Zoe was not having any of that! But I can tell Zoe will not only accept Callie but be totally fine with her in time. With my fosters, I knew Zoe would never accept them. So I'm just thrilled! I do feel like this whole thing has been a miracle to be honest. I did not pursue Callie and in fact even told Cheryl that this was not the best time to be getting a 3rd. But so many things happened within just a few days it was like God was telling me, this little girl is especially for you.:heart: I think He created her just for me.:wub: Ok...being really sappy. Gotta stop. Sorry.

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
I'm thrilled for you, Crystal! How wonderful that she is just the fit you needed for your family. That's so great that she is making such a positive impact on Jett and that she is so happy being just the little sweet model you hoped for! That girl was desinged for you! It sounds like she's the right fluff for ALL of you!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.