Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since almost all grocery stores, Kmart, Walmart, Target, etc. are beginning to stock their shelves with candy for Halloween already (can you beieve that...it's 1 1/2 months away!), I think we should get into the nitty gritty.

I love ghost stories, and wanted to know if you have had any ghostly encounters, stories that you have heard of from firends, etc. I would love to hear first hand experiences, but I think anything experienced would be fine! Even spooky creepy stories...I'll start.

I remember as a kid, about 6 years old, I was watching this program called "That's Incredible!"...I loved that show. Anyways, my older sister and I were watching it in her room with the door closed because it was late at night and my parents were sleeping a little ways down the hall. So, we were watching the program and they were talking about ghostly experiences...all of a sudden, my sister and I heard the door make a sound, so we looked and saw the door knob moving like someone was twisting it to open the door. My sister yelled out "Who's there?", and then all of a sudden, seriously, the door opened about 3-4 inches wide. Nobody was there...my sister got up, as brave as she was, and opened the door, walked down the hall, and no kidding, nobody was there. I started crying and was so freaked out I didn't want to go to sleep!

I will never forget that til the day I die :wacko:

I have some other stories that I will probably post later...but any of you had any experiences...with the other side?

:ph34r: Don't be afraid... Fess up...

~Elegant

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Fun topic...

I have never really believed to much in ghosts and stuff. Maybe because I have never had a first hand experience. But, nevertheless, I have always been fascinated by the stories and movies about it. Especially the "true" documentaries etc. There was that show that one time...I think it was on MTV...where they had to stay at supposedly haunted places. They would have those sensor things that were supposedly picking up ghostly activity. These people would have to hang out in this dark, deserted room of some sort where people had died horrendous deaths...and their monitor would be going nuts. I would almost pea my pants just watching!
And I don't even "believe" in that stuff...LOL.

Or the ones on the discovery channel...mystery channel, where they do the whole story on the house, and the people are still staying there!!! :eek: I mean seriously...I would not be able to sleep at night if I believed there was evidence of ghosts in my own house! This was like everyday happenings to these people! CRAZY!!!

Anyway, even though I don't really consider myself a ghost believer...there is only one "afterlife" as far as I am concerned...
The stories still freak my out. :ph34r:

·
Registered
939 Posts
Well... I was quite young, and the whole family was staying at my grandparents house. My grandfather and his father built the house, and he always told us the room in the attic was haunted. Of course, that is where all the kids had to sleep! Well me, my two sisters and four cousins were sleeping when all of the sudden the rolling shade on the window went up and down about 6 times! It was a hot summer night so the window behind the shade was open to let in some air. It was a full moon, so the shade was pulled. No one would has ever fessed up to doing it to this day (this is a good 34 years ago). I often think about that and wonder if grandpa was having some fun
with us
. He is no longer with us, so we will never know..... when we (the cousins and sisters) get together will have talked about it with a little wonder and excitement.

I love this kind of stuff!

Judi

·
Registered
447 Posts
Are ya'll trying to scare me with Brit, Mariah, and I here all by ourselves! I get scared VERY easily!!!!

I have never had a ghost encounter but I can't say I don't believe. I must believe at least a little because they thought of it makes my heart drop!

Did you all see that movie "The Ring"? IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN IT DON'T READ BELOW PLEASE IT WILL SPOIL IT FOR YOU!

Don't do it! Im talking about the best part! :ph34r:

Okay you know at the end when she pops out of the TV and starts crawling and walking to the dad/ ex boyfriend, in the chair? Well I was so scared I really peed my pants. I know thate is gross but it totally freaked me out (it wasn't a full on pee just a tinkle LOL)! When me and my boyfriend got home we were BOTH (and this is a 6'3 215 pound man) so scared we couldn't sleep! OUr window in the living room where we were huddled looks out into the woodsy area and boy we could have sworn we saw that little girl about 10 times!

LOL Another time at a cheerleading slumber party (all girls high on sugar mind you) we were telling the ghost story about Autumn and one of the coaches had snuck outside and scratched at the window when we are all scared after the story. MAN we must have ran like cheetahs into the bathroom (all 13 of us!) and we were crying and laughing and scared s---less! LOL

·
Registered
260 Posts
I can't recall any ghost stories at present. But I do remember when I was little and would go to the basement for something, and you had to turn the light off at the bottom of the stairs. Well, I would turn off the light and RUN up the stairs as fast as my little legs would carry me
all the while I was imagining that a 'boogy man' :ph34r: was stretching out his Looooooooong arm to try to get me before I could reach the top ! My heart would pound a hundred miles an hour.
Just a kid's imagination...... :lol:

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
I love (and loath..b/c I'm a big scaredy cat -in secret-) GHOST STORIES!

here's one I heard on the grapevine:

John, a married man, was having a difficult time financially. He was losing his business, the bank was threatening to foreclose on his home, and he was staring at a pile of bills he has no idea how he would pay. His wife Mary senses there is something wrong with John, and pressures him to tell her what the problems are so she can help, so forth... John never wanted to tell his wife about his financial problems because it's embarassing to him. The pressure just kept building and building in the relationship that one day.... HE KILLED HER. He decided to kill her and get the insurance money. Heck, he never loved her that much to begin with... He dragged her out to the beach, tied her body down and tossed Mary into the ocean.

John reported Mary missing to the police. No one suspected anything. They were a picture perfect family. Beautiful couple and their beautiful son, Dylan, 8 years old. Mary's family was completely on John's side, and they accepted that she ran away and probably wasn't coming back.

A year later, John is now a prominent business owner, sold the old house and moved to another part of the country (he couldn't bear going into the kitchen at night, where he had butchered his wife and her head hanging off her shoulder...)
He has always felt a pang of guilt when he looked at Dylan. So young, and motherless. But that was all in the past, he said to himself. He is able to give Dylan a good life and that's all that mattered. The weird thing is, Dylan, unlike the other family members, NEVER asked any questions about mommy.

One night, at dinner, John asked Dylan, "Son, let's talk." John asked if Dylan was missing his mom and what his thoughts were about his mommy.

Little Dylan looked into his eyes, slowly moving his glance upward, towards the top of John's head...then back down into his food. Dylan finally said, "Daddy, why is mommy so red?" Dylan continues, "Hi Mommy, i see you riding on daddy's back!"

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
:eek: I hate scary things.. but I had to throw my own story into the mix.. even though it's barely believable..

A couple of years ago, when I was still living in this town called The Woodlands, I was driving home super late at night and the roads were deserted. Well, up ahead of me on the right hand side of the road was what looked like a small red headed child.. I'm thinking, what the heck is a kid doing out so late.. so here's the creepy part, as soon as I got closer I noticed that he had a goat's body from the waist down and horns on top of his head. I'm not kidding. I don't know if you all have heard of the mythological creature called Pan, but this thing looked like Pan. I freaked out and drove home as fast as I possibly could, I don't think I've ever been so freaked out in my life. I'm not one to believe in ghosts, aliens or stuff like that, but I'm pretty sure whatever that thing was, it wasn't human. Here's another weird tidbit, the street I was driving on was called Research Forest and we'd always joked that they are probably up to some weird experiments back there.. I totally believe that now. So anyways, that's my weirdo story :ph34r:

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
the movie The Ring totally freaks me out

when i was little, my sister LOVED scary movies and would make me watch them. and i was like 2-4 yrs old and when a scary movie would have a scary scene, i would jump up and pee on my moms bed. after a few times my mom said that we should watch those movies in the living room. :eek: anyway, now im a total chicken!

ok, well, we went to the grand canyon, and on the way, we passed through Zion National park. it was soo scary. it was like 10pm and there were bats flying around. and no lights. cynthia and my friend were like 'take a picture'. the flash went onto the front window and cynthia couldnt see for a little while. LOL. turned out that if she had swerved we would've fallen over the moutain. it was super deep. :eek:

OK, now scary story---there was a tv show, said that it was a TRUE STORY about this lady who lived in texas and the ghost would follow her and rape her and stuff. it had the actress Barbara Hershey or something. anyway, shes driving and the ghost would press the accelerator and she'd get into a car accident. then she had these people that worked with ghost and tried capturing the ghost and used liquid nitrogen--it froze there and it was huge and like 7 feet tall and then it broke through the liquid nitrogen. SO at the end of the movie they say that she moves to california---and the ghost followed her.

i saw this movie ONCE and that was when i was 10 yrs old and i STILL remember it

The Entity

1 - 9 of 9 Posts