Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm out of ideas for mine. After about 10 years of gifts, I've given him just about everything possible. What, if anything, do you get your veterinarian for Christmas?

·
Registered
199 Posts
Originally posted by Kallie/Catcher's Mom@Dec 17 2004, 04:39 PM
I'm out of ideas for mine. After about 10 years of gifts, I've given him just about everything possible. What, if anything, do you get your veterinarian for Christmas?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=24057
[/QUOTE]

I am new with my current vet but growing up we lived in a "one vet town" and always did fruit baskets so the other memebers of the office could enjoy as well. Some years the FFA would sell boxes of Texas Grapefruit (YUMMY!) and we would buy them a box of that sometimes instead. There are several you can get from the florist that are a combo fruit and plant basket. This would be nice becuase they could keep the plant for the office. Or at local grocery stores here they make snack baskets that would be good too (with crackers and cookies and stuff).

Good luck with the gifts! I sent my current vet a card w/ bella's pic.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Would you do a bottle of wine & maybe something else extra with it? Theres a winery in Temecula, CA. I ordered my almond champagne from called Wilson's Creek. They have a rose wine (Puppy Dog Rose) they made this year in to honor the 2 puppies that got (Cristal & Corky). It has a picture of the 2 pups on the label; I ordered this + some other wines for my manager.
If your interested its wilsoncreekwinery.com

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by snoopychan@Dec 17 2004, 09:28 PM
Would you do a bottle of wine & maybe something esle extra with it? Theres a winery in Temecula, CA. I ordered my almond champagne from called Wilson's Creek. They have a rose wine (Puppy Dog Rose) they made this year in to honor the 2 puppies that got (Cristal & Corky). It has a picture of the 2 pups on the label; I ordered this + some other wines for my manager.
If your interested its wilsoncreekwinery.com
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=24081
[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure if my vet drinks. Wine would be great if he does. He has some sort of stomach ailment, I can't remember the name of it but he is limited in what he can eat, so I'm not sure if wine is OK... I think I'll call his office tomorrow and see if the receptionists can give me some info. That is so cute that you got wine with puppies on the label.. I love that!!

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
I am planning to take my vet office a tin can full of my famous fudge and a nice card to all of them.

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
sucks you didnt join the gift exchange. im sure the person you got wouldnt have minded your famous fudge!!!

im hungry......

im just giving my vet a pic of our dogs. lol. i pay him more than enough. :new_Eyecrazy: im getting poor over here!!

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
when i worked at my vet...the clients that knew him really well got him cigars and godiva choclates b/c thats what he liked. the rest of the ppl usually bought candy/cookies for the staff. i would def. ask the receptionist what his/her favs are, they usually have a good idea of what to get them.

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks, everyone for your ideas .... I called his office and they said he did like wine so I got him a nice Chardonnay. I added one of those air stopper kits that includes a pump a special rubber "cork" that keeps the wine fresh after opening.

I really wanted to get the wine that had the picture of the puppies on it that snoopychan recommended from Wilson Creek Winery. That was really cute (see below) but they were so busy that they couldn't get it to me before Christmas. They said once they sell out, there will not be anymore.... I really should order now for next year!
http://www.wilsoncreekwinery.com/WineShop/...Keyword=puppies

·
Registered
499 Posts
Originally posted by Nichole+Dec 21 2004, 12:52 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Kallie/Catcher's Mom
@Dec 21 2004, 10:23 AM
Thanks, everyone for your ideas .... I called his office and they said he did like wine so I got him a nice Chardonnay. I added one of those air stopper kits that includes a pump a special rubber "cork" that keeps the wine fresh after opening.

I really wanted to get the wine that had the picture of the puppies on it that snoopychan recommended from Wilson Creek Winery. That was really cute (see below) but they were so busy that they couldn't get it to me before Christmas. They said once they sell out, there will not be anymore.... I really should order now for next year!
http://www.wilsoncreekwinery.com/WineShop/...Keyword=puppies

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=24660
Ya know, with a bit of imagination, you can actually make a label yourself. Just buy some adhesive paper, create a design and put it over ANY bottle of wine as a label. You could even include a picture of your own dogs! :D
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=24663
[/B][/QUOTE]
What a great idea!! I wish I was creative. I always send a food type gift basket
for my vet and his staff. After all, the staff works just as hard taking care of my pups as my vet does!
When Oliver passed, I sent a huge cookie basket from Mrs. Fields for the vet and his staff, they worked so hard taking care of him I wanted them all to know how much I appreciated them caring.
Quincymom

1 - 11 of 11 Posts