Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
I love the way you make those bows! Too bad kodie doesnt keep bows in his hair... how big are the bows?

·
Registered
4,856 Posts
Really cute, Marj. Paris will be modeling her first "team" bow next week!

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The best thing to do if you want Dash to wear bows is to put a little elastic band in his hair when he is really young so he will get used to it. Then you can graduate to real bows.

Here are Quincy & Jonas modelling their boy bows:

·
Registered
499 Posts
And I have to add: Marj makes the best boy bows!!!!!!!!!! They are so cute!!
PS Marj, more holiday bows please!! Saw your Halloween bows, going to do more (Thanksgiving, Christmas)? I feel the need to order.

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm working on the Fall bows now. I am hoping to post them after Labor Day. Gosh, it's still HOT here in North Carolina!

Seriously, they are just getting the Fall stuff into the craft stores so I'll have a better selection in a few weeks! I have ordered some, too.

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
For those looking for "fall" bows Marj made a beautiful set of "Back to School" themed bows which would really be appropriate for either boys or girls. But I have to say, my particular favorite in that bunch was the Candy Corn. I love the girlie bows...I'm definitey going to get some next time I order.

·
Premium Member
1,959 Posts
Marj makes the BEST boy bows!!!!!!!!!!! One of these days I will get off my lazy butt, get Ty all prettied up and post a picture of him with his VERY COOL FIRE TRUCK bow on (his dad is a fireman :D )

Way to go Marj

·
Registered
307 Posts
K/C Mom & LM - that's not fair! How gorgeous do ur guys look in those bows??!!!??? Man o Man o gotta stay out of threads like these LOL
I know I'll purchase some bows, I just have to see how Dash will react to them first.

·
Registered
5,656 Posts
Originally posted by Violet's Mom@Aug 24 2005, 04:23 PM
K/C Mom & LM - that's not fair!  How gorgeous do ur guys look in those bows??!!!???  Man o Man o gotta stay out of threads like these LOL
I know I'll purchase some bows, I just have to see how Dash will react to them first.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=93761
[/QUOTE]
My best advice is to put them in his hair as soon as possible. I know if I had tried even a few days after I got Toby, he wouldn't have gone for it. Maybe Lucy Lou can start Dash on them now.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Originally posted by Nichole+Aug 24 2005, 06:53 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Violet's Mom
@Aug 24 2005, 04:23 PM
K/C Mom & LM - that's not fair!  How gorgeous do ur guys look in those bows??!!!???  Man o Man o gotta stay out of threads like these LOL
My best advice is to put them in his hair as soon as possible. I know if I had tried even a few days after I got Toby, he wouldn't have gone for it. Maybe Lucy Lou can start Dash on them now.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=93790
[/B][/QUOTE]

That's a great idea. I'll ask her around the time he's 8-9 weeks. As of right now, his hair doesn't seem long enough.

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Originally posted by Violet's Mom@Aug 24 2005, 05:23 PM
[/QUOTE]

Dash will do fine with bows. At first I just put in band in Catcher's hair. He sort of scratched at it but got used to it real fast. It's so cute because he'll put his head down as I'm putting the band in, so I can get to it better. Then when I put a bow in he doesn't even seem to notice it.

I think it is all in how you do it.... It works best if they are up on a table or something. And I try to make it a real pleasant and loving experience. The first couple times, when Catcher was very young he freaked out and tried to bite. But then after a few times of him knowing I was serious about doing it and my whispering "sweet nothings" in his ear, he got to liking it!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts