Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so Gizmo went to get his first cut today! Yey? Maybe? I've called about two places. The first one was too far and they wanted me to come in any day from 7am-9am but I don't drive. (16 w/ restricted ) My boyfriend does but he goes to work around that time. Sucks cause I liked them too. Someone had posted about them hereeeeeeee. ANYWAYS, then I called "Loving Touch".... righttt... all I got was attitude. OH well. FiNALLY, we took him to Petsmart. I don't know what happen but it looks weird. It looks pretty choppy to me. Does that have anything to do with it being his baby hair? I obviously still think he looks cute. THat's my baby. But everyone else hates it. The search continues. Here are some before and after pictures! They're taken with my camera phone to their not the best.

Before-

After-

Kinda blurry.

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
Awww!! look at his big eyes!! What a cutie!! The first time I cut Peanut's hair myself it came out really choppy too. It took me a lot of practice and I still can't do it just right yet. It's kinda hard for me to tell, but I think I see it's choppy by his chest area? Maybe if you feel comfortable doing it yourself you could round it out more with some scissors? He's cute no matter what though

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by littlepeanut@May 5 2005, 08:06 PM
Awww!!  look at his big eyes!!  What a cutie!!  The first time I cut Peanut's hair myself it came out really choppy too.  It took me a lot of practice and I still can't do it just right yet.  It's kinda hard for me to tell, but I think I see it's choppy by his chest area?  Maybe if you feel comfortable doing it yourself you could round it out more with some scissors?  He's cute no matter what though

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=60243
[/QUOTE]

Awwe. Thanks! Lol. There's a possibility that if I attempt to "fix it", I might just make it worse.
They trimmed him down pretty short, he had some matts on his booty! But seriously, his WHOLE body is chopped up. And his face, I liked the more rounded looked. Oh, well. It'll grow.

·
Premium Member
8,543 Posts
I don't know I never had Alex done at Petsmart (I am doing him myself now). But the breeder I got Alex from was pretty upset with them because of the way they groomed Alex's daddy. She even showed me pictures of him before that hair cut.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Originally posted by littlepeanut@May 5 2005, 10:06 PM
I don't think there are many successful groomer stories here on SM, but Gizmo's hair will grow out in no time!

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=60270
[/QUOTE]

He is a real cutie, his before photo reminds me of my little guy. We have not taken Indy to a groomer yet, because I am scared to
We have been keeping his hair around his face, bottom, tummy and paws trimmed ourselves. I just placed a big order online with a company my breeder gave us a catolog for, and one of the items is a trimmer
I received all my order yesterday, and I had only ordered it a day before, fast service
Well, any way I will be trying out the new trimmer this weekend
I hope it goes well....I am not doing his body, just the parts I mentioned before, for now any way

Your baby will have long hair again real soon and you can find a better groomer to cut it the next time. I watch the groomers at the Petsmart and Petco near me and they sure do like to razor the dogs down :new_Eyecrazy: I know I won't be trying the ones around here anytime soon

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
SO ADORABLE! He looks completely different. Is that what you asked for? Noriko's hair will always look choppy because of her wavy hair. Maybe Gizmo has the same hair.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Hi,
He still looks gorgeous, but I see what you mean - we like Audrey a little 'fluffier'.
I think you just have to be REALLY specific when you go somewhere about what you want and maybe take a picture with you.
I always say that we do NOT want her shaved, only trimmed.
He is still so cute though and it will grow back quickly enough. :D

·
Registered
3,010 Posts
I know what you mean, Gizmo & me! Abbey got a similar cut this week and I really miss that full fluffy face! I'm hoping it grows back fast, too! He is still very cute though!
They left Abbey's body hair long and cut a straight line across the belly between front and back legs, so I ended up cutting her hair last night 'cause I like the choppier look! She looks better there -fluffier! but nothing I can do about her face until it grows! We'll be in this together!

·
Registered
894 Posts
As Kodie's Momma would say "Groomers are Evil"
Sisse is STILL growing out from her chop job....I can empathize with you both completely!! It does grow pretty quick though, you'll see....

1 - 18 of 18 Posts