Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all!! This looks like a great site. I have two pooches, one small lab Sara and a unknown mix Keller. Both were shelter dogs. Also a kitty Jasmine, that was born feral and rescued by me at approx. 6 weeks, and is now a happy loving inside companian. Tons of fish (4 aquariums) and a bird, finch, soon will join the household.
I don't have a maltese 'yet' but am looking at rescue to get one of these little furbabies. I don't think my life will be complete until I have this special breed on my lap.
I enjoy reading all the posts. Oh.. I should add, yes I am 'another one' who got banned from MO. From my first post!! I posted (or tried to) another web site I thought the members would be interested in.. bam! I was gone!! Got nasty email after I enquired as to why I was not able to log in. I am surprised they have any members as they ban continually.. so now I lurk there. lol From what I have read here and on other forums they are real sticky arn't they?
So hopefully.. can I stay here?? I will be good I promise!!

Nice to meet you all...

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
Hi, You've come to a good place to learn about Maltese before you actually bring one home! Welcome

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Originally posted by Shada@Dec 1 2004, 11:48 PM
From what I have read here and on other forums they are real sticky arn't they?
So hopefully.. can I stay here?? I will be good I promise!! 

Nice to meet you all...
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=19754
[/QUOTE]

Hi, "sticky" isn't quite how I would describe the owner of MO.... I can think of a few other names......

Glad you found us.... you'll love it here.... A big Welcome to you!

·
Banned
258 Posts
hi shada!
welcome to the maltese site which respects freedom of speech, encourages exchange of information (links, photos etc) and appreciates humor. this is a fun, caring, helpful & friendly crowd

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
You don't have to worry about being "good"-it is more fun here when you are not!!! Ask Buttercloud and Mee!!!!

Anyway, welcome, and good luck in your search for a white fluff-butt!!!! Brinkley is our first maltese and my first house dog...I have always been more of a cat person..but he hooked me...I would love a whole slew of them now!!!!
Keep us posted on your search!!!!

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Originally posted by tlunn@Dec 2 2004, 10:57 AM
You don't have to worry about being "good"-it is more fun here when you are not!!! Ask Buttercloud and Mee!!!!

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=19864
[/QUOTE]

WHAT? Are you saying I'm bad? I haven't talked about crusties or anything in HOW LONG? lol

Anway!
SHADA--Nothing but WARM WELCOMES to you and your HUGE Family. I know you'll eventually find the perfect, special baby maltese. And don't listen to Tlunn. She's
here. LOL She was raised that wayLOL JK JK JK JK JK JK

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Originally posted by ButterCloudandNoriko+Dec 2 2004, 12:05 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-tlunn
@Dec 2 2004, 10:57 AM

WHAT? Are you saying I'm bad? I haven't talked about crusties or anything in HOW LONG? lol

Anway!
SHADA--Nothing but WARM WELCOMES to you and your HUGE Family. I know you'll eventually find the perfect, special baby maltese. And don't listen to Tlunn. She's
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=19868
[/B][/QUOTE]

Read through the posts and THEN tell me who is
!?

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
Welcome! You sound like perfect rescue person!

My Lady is a rescue. So are her Siamese cat sisters, Sarah and Lily. It's the only way I get my furkids as I firmly believe that rescues are special.

Where do you live? Have you contacted any rescue groups yet? I'm pretty familar with the people who do Maltese rescue and would be happy to steer you in the direction of a good group!

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Originally posted by tlunn+Dec 2 2004, 11:08 AM-->
Originally posted by [email protected] 2 2004, 12:05 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-tlunn
@Dec 2 2004, 10:57 AM

Anway!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=19868

[/QUOTE]

Read through the posts and THEN tell me who is
!?

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=19870
[/B][/QUOTE]

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm *thinking cap on*
I STILL think you're

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Pulled from another thread....</span>

Originally posted by ButterCloudandNoriko@Dec 2 2004, 01:29 PM
Anyway, sorry about your swollen up issue.  I have weird allergy attacks.  I never know when it'll happen which pisses me off.  At least you know you'll get all freakishly swollen which is when you eat spicy food.  For me, it just hits me from left field or something.  My eyes would get swollen shut!  Its sooooo freakishly freaky! I use to have a picture on my computer.  You wouldn't want to see it anyway...It'll break your monitor.  But I would describe what I look like as an ALIEN...with it's eyes closed.  hehehe.  My eyes would be swollen down to my cheeks.  It happen to me at a night club too.  Must be dirty or something :/
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=19901

Proof that she IS
<span style="color:blue">"Freakishly Freaky?" :new_Eyecrazy:

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Originally posted by tlunn@Dec 2 2004, 12:41 PM
<span style="font-family:Arial">DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGG! Why you gotta call me out like that! GEEZY CREAZY! What a horrible first impression! Imma get you back! Imma EAT Brinkley! LOL hahhahaah

J

·
0 Posts
Hi and welcome. You will find that many of us are refugees from that other site...we were banned. You will find lots of info here and always someone to help you. Good luck on your search. It took me almost a year to find Lacey. Tried the rescue groups in my area but they turned me down because I work during the day, don't have a fenced in year and because I have two cats. You have to be careful what info you give to these organizations. Anyone who knows me, knows that I have given all of my babies a wonderful home. I even take Lacey to work with me...sneak her in. Good luck with you search.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hello again and thank you all for the warm welcome! I know I will love it here.
I live in Michigan. Have not got in contact with a rescue group yet although I check on the rescues web sites, and also on petfinder. Great site there.
I just 'happened upon' a amish puppy mill in my area a few days ago from seeing sign on road. I went in to check it out. He showed me his mothers with pups, such a surprise there, all I have read they hide those poor little ones away from view.
I only went in to see conditions. Believe me I hate puppy mills. But.. I feel in love with a little female who had only one surviving week old pup. I asked if he would sell the mother and of course he said no. I won't give up, I am going to try to get her out of there. To live in a cage being bred until the little bodies give out.. no dog deserves that life. So wish me luck!! I told him I would be back in a few weeks to see some more puppies that are due anyday. Hopefully I can talk him into letting me have her. She needs/deserves a life filled with love and happiness. She was such a sweet little girl.. she was jumping around in that little cage so excited saying 'pick me, pick me, I want to go home with you' I know she is meant to be mine.. now to convince him. Thankfully the mothers were all in good shape, appeared to be healthy and socialized. But all in small cages. Horrible.
I will let you know the outcome. Pray for her!!

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
WELCOME to SM!
Its really good that your doing research before just going out to get a Maltese! Education is the key! P.S.. you wont regret getting a Maltese!! or coming to this web site!! hehe

1 - 20 of 30 Posts