Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! My name is Lori, and my husband Tom and I rescued 2 lovely Maltese pups in 2001 Buddy & Sweetie and have been in love with the Maltese breed since 1986 when I purchased my first Maltese pup (Chumley). Chumley was the reason my husband and I got together in the first place, so for that I am thankful! My only regret with Chumley was that he lived his life alone (other than us, of course) and I vowed to always have two dogs so that they would have company at all times. They are such social little things!!!!

Buddy & Sweetie were terribly mistreated, and I do have some behavior problems with them and at a later date, would LOVE to have some feedback for if anyone is interested!

For now though, I am just so grateful to have a community of people that I can post to, that I am beside myself!!!! I was SOOOOOOOO disheartened with another site that was so terribly rude to me, that I wouldn't even say they treated me like a dog! NO ONE should treat a dog a rudely as that site treates its members!!!!

Anyway, enough complaining......Thank you all for being here. I have enjoyed reading your posts and looking at your adorable babies!!!!! :D

Lori G. (Tom & Buddy and Sweetie, too!)

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
welcome to SM! glad you found us. I hope SM will be your forever home
cant wait to see pics of ur babies!

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Originally posted by LadyMontava@May 9 2005, 09:26 PM
welcome to SM!  glad you found us.  I hope SM will be your forever home
  cant wait to see pics of ur babies!

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=61225
[/QUOTE]

Ditto from me!

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Lots of us have been mistreated by the other site, so we know how you feel and we know you will love SM!! Welcome!!!

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Glad you found this site, there are so many friendly and helpful people here
I have read what it can be like on another site and this is nothing like it

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
Welcome. Glad to have you here at SM.

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
Welcome,so glad you have joined us !! I also have a rescued Maltese,who I have had for a little over two months.She is my girl and I have two boys.She has a "snarky" side which I believe comes from her abuse,but she is a total joy! I look forward to sharing stories with you . You have two very cute babies!!

·
Registered
2,119 Posts

you'll notice we like to use the smilies a lot.. something you'll never see at the other site!!!!!

glad to have you. i'd love to hear more about your babies

·
Registered
7,621 Posts
Hello and
from Massimo and me!!

-c

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Warm welcome to you and your rescued furbabies.......you will find simpatico souls here who are ready and willing to help you. One warning though, discussions of puppymills and petstore stories stir up a hornet's nest on this site!
We're all against them, so that's good, but some of our babies came from there and the subject gets sensitive.

Your babies are adorable! Lucky you, to have two. Pico is an only child and I can't imagine handling two but I can see it doubles the joy.

Welcome!

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Welcome to the site. I too use to be on "that other site" and I can tell you that after awhile it becomes very frustrating over there. This site is soooo friendly and you can ask or talk just about anything. Once in a while it gets a little heated here but we are all friends so we work it out.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts